Reload this Page >

Things to look forward to...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 08:27 AM
Janda

When thinking about going on your next trip to Europe, what do you look forward to most?

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Ann

Meeting the local people. I have been to Europe so many times, I don't need to museum hop any more, so now I just enjoy the local life going on around me.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 09:31 AM
Annie

I like waking up and not having a routine like I do at home, its a chance to think about every part of your day and life. Breakfast isn't just cereal and the paper and out the door, it could be discovering a pretty cafe on a morning walk and stopping in for a pastry and cafe au lait. It makes you look forward to a day of experiences, and appreciate these experiences more because I am living actively, not just out of habit.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 10:06 AM
Shar

People watching and having leisure walks enjoying the sites. We never hurry on our trips to Europe. We devote ourselves to one area and just enjoy it. Also the food. Love to taste new things and always the history of the area - what has happened here, why, and has it been preserved. Shar

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 12:03 PM
mary

ttt

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 12:31 PM
Jennie

EVERYTHING! I am going for the first time next year and am really, really excited. I've been to all 50 states, Mexico, Canada, and the Carribean, but not Europe yet. If I had to pick one thing, I guess it'd be just getting away from work, responsibility, etc. for 3 weeks. As well as sharing something so fun with my mom and sister (my traveling partners) with whom I am very close.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 01:41 PM
orgy7

the next trip too somewhere more exotic. don't get me wrong europ is cool but sometimes a bit sterile.. of course there are some hot spots I've yet too go, like Ibiza and Greece..

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Debbie

Hi,<BR>For me it's mostly meeting new people, and just getting away from the daily grind. I have a good life, a decent job but I find it so invigorating to go away and experience something new. I loooove to travel. Love it, love it, love it!<BR><BR>Debbie

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 02:15 PM
sarah

hmmm-what am I looking forward to.. my next trip is to England, ireland and Scotland.I am seeing a dear friend get married in England, and then discovering Ireland for the first time by myself. I just can not wait to see new and beautiful places. I am also excited to return to scotland and make a whole new set of memories. its bad to wish time away though so I am trying not to think about it too much. : )

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 04:20 PM
elvira

Making my brain work. Everyday life is very easy for me (I count my blessings, believe me. No complaints about how boooring my life is) so a trip anywhere means I have to gear up the little grey cells and get all those synapses firing. Other people jump out of airplanes or drive race cars to get the adrenaline pumping; I prefer deciphering train schedules in foreign languages &quot;what does &quot;c&quot; mean?&quot; &quot;whaddaya mean there are TWO train stations??&quot;

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Rex

Welcome back, Elvira.<BR><BR>Your contributions here (once again) are among the things that everyone who comes here can count among &quot;things to look forward to...&quot;<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 05:10 PM
amy

Elvira: As always, you've touched the nerve...<BR><BR>We had two lovely US excursions back to back two years ago--San Juan Islands and Glacier National Park. Great biking, stunning scenary. Asked kids on the way home if they enjoyed it. Resounding yes. Unanimous &quot;Let's not do this again.&quot; They felt their brains were dead. Wanted to go back to Europe. Anywhere in Europe. Enjoyed the challenge of meeting a foreign culture head to head. <BR><BR>These are kids. Ages 10 and 14. I can't disagree. When I'm over &quot;there&quot; instead of &quot;somewhere here&quot; I'm alive.

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 08:29 AM
stan

ttt

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Val

<BR><BR>Same here, Elvira. I cheerfully leave the physical thrill-seeking to others, preferring the intellectual thrill-seeking I find while traveling in Europe.