These hotels O.K?

Search

These hotels O.K?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2003, 11:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These hotels O.K?

Hi everyone! I have a great trip planned for the end of December and was just wondering about these hotels. Only the basics - good/bad, location, service, breakfast quality, noise level etc. I don't need much in a hotel other than clean rooms, convenient location and a front desk who really knows the where and what to do in the city.

Madrid - Tryp Ambassador
Granada - Carmen Hotel
Seville - Inglaterra
Barcelona - Royal Hotel

Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 02:18 PM

I've stayed at the Inglaterra in Sevilla - that was before Flaherty's Irish Pub was next door. It's centrally located - walking distance to most attractions (Maestranza bullring, la Giralda, etc. and restaurants & shops). Sorry, that's about all I can comment on

Old Oct 31st, 2003, 05:23 PM

Just got back from Spain trip. Tour group did one night at Carmen in Granada. Good location. O.K. breakfast. I had a very small room that was quiet, some had larger rooms over the banquet halls that were not quiet. Don't know about others.
Bring rain gear and have fun!
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 10:51 AM

I just returned from Spain and stayed at the Carmen in Granada. The hotel was ok with a fairly convenient location - walking distance to the Cathedral and the Chapel where Ferdinand and Isabel are buried. However, the food was the worst on our trip - terrible dinner and not very good breakfast. In addition to the main attractions in Granada, we found a great 21/2 hour walking tour of the old section for $10. Check the ads in the tourist magazine available at the hotel desk.
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 12:22 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input everyone. emiller - what was so bad with the Carmen breakfast? Selection or quality? Anyone have input about Madrid or Barcelona?
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 01:14 PM

The selection at breakfast at the Carmen was fine - the quality was poor. I might have been spoiled because most of the other hotels we stayed in had wonderful breakfasts with a vast array of choices that almost always included fresh orange juice and melon and interesting cheeses. However, the location is good. I read the negative comments on the board about Granada and was surprised. I was blown away by the alhambra and its gardens and was fascinated by the chapel. If you have time, do try to find the walking tour of the old city - we would never have been able to do it on our own. Along with the narrow streets and interesting history of the old city is a walk along the river - a scene much painted by the impressionists.