Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

There are plenty of American places to visit to help the ailing US travel businesses

Search

There are plenty of American places to visit to help the ailing US travel businesses

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 10:20 AM
Fanta

Orlando, NYC, DC, Boston, Seattle, San Fran, LA, Chicago, New Orleans, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Hawaii, the Rocky Mountains, the Appalachian Mountains, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite Park, Glacier National Park, Yellowstone Park, and don't forget Cleveland! Visit these places now, Europe later when they finally bring their outrageously high prices down! Don't you feel sorry for the 100,000 American citizens who have lost their jobs recently due to the attack on America?

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 10:40 AM
stopthefanta

ANOTHER FANTA ATTACK!

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 10:56 AM
please

From now on like the nasty John G. , ignore the fanta, don't respond to any of his threads, he may also be the ugly american, let us all get back to making this the wonderful informative site it once was before they tried to take over with their nonsense.

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 12:58 PM
Fanta

Ain't no mountain high, ain't no valley low, ain't no river wide enough baby. If you need me call me, no matter where you are, no matter how far. Don't worry baby. Just call my name I'll be there in a hurry, you don't have to worry. Oh baby there ain't no mountain high enough, ain't no valley low enough, ain't no river wide enough to keep me from getting to you baby. Remember the day I set you free, I told you you could always count on me darling. From that day on I made a vow, I'll be there when you want me someway somehow. Oh baby there ain't no mountain high enough, ain't no valley low enough, ain't no river wide enough!

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 03:39 PM
topper

topple, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 01:42 AM
topper

ttt

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 07:11 AM
Emmy

That song is copyrighted. Fodor's should/will have to pay royalties. That's a good enough reason to get it removed from here. <BR> <BR>DANNY, where are you???

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 10:16 AM
Dawn

I have been to all but two of the places listed and I never plan on going on Cleveland and it is a little too cold to go on holiday to northern Montana. I am sticking with my plans. I am going to have a wonderful time in Costa Rica for Christmas. You have fun freezing your ass of in Cleveland.

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 10:22 AM
What??

"Fanta" don't you care about Jamaicans who work at resorts and have lost their jobs due to lack of caribbean travel? What about Irish owners of small B&Bs, don't you think they have been hurt by the attacks and lack of travel? Let's help everyone by traveling, not one specific class of people (americans). nlike you, I feel for ALL who have lost their jobs due to travel industry going down and support spending travel money everywhere. (except maybe Afghanistan of course)

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 10:42 AM
xxxx

Even before September 11th, we had plans to fly to Hawaii. However, the last time I looked, a round-trip ticket was over $1200. Three of us can fly to France for that amount. Also, the cost of lodging in France was about 1/3 of that in Hawaii. Sorry, Fanta, I guess we will just have to vacation in Europe this year. Too expensive to vacation at home. (And I wouldn't set foot in Orlando - ugh.)

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 11:32 AM
Chris

Fanta - why not just keep adding to / responding to the one thread you created? I don't care one hoot that you post your opinions; I can read them or ignore them at my leisure. But when you keep posting new topics (same idea), it tends to flood the 'subject' column, causing other more valid/interesting messages to get pushed down. <BR> <BR>I would suggest this is your real intent - to flood the board with multiple messages all proposing your point of view, making it very hard to ignore. This is the 'bulletin board' equivalent to shouting louder than anyone else at a meeting, effectively preventing valid discussion of a topic. <BR> <BR>Please show some respect/restraint!

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 11:34 AM
Book Chick

Bravo, Chris & thank you for your well-expressed words! <BR> <BR>BC

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 12:13 PM
The Truth

I think everyone should spend their vacations in the middle east. Let us continue giving money to those who despise us. We are so used to doing it, why change now? Hey, the truth is the more the french tell you that they hate you, the more you return to their country and praise them to anyone within listening distance. So what is the difference? The more they hate you, the more money you throw at them!

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 12:44 PM
XXXXX

Cleveland as a vacation spot??

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 02:30 PM
Fanta

The truth almost always hurts. Actually, I'm wondering, do any of these US cities deserve a vacation like London, Paris, Rome, Berlin, Prague, etc. do? I mean come on, America is a pretty boring place for tourism. My fellow Finnish colleage says that America has as much culture as McDonalds has beef.

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 04:20 PM
reason

Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Death Valley, Bryce Canyon, Yosemite ... <BR> <BR>American CITIES are to culture what macdonalds is to food, but the countryside is quite outstanding.