Search

Theatre Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2000, 02:16 PM
gt

Theatre Tickets

Anyone had an experience buying theatre tickets online? In particular, has anyone dealt with Main Event to obtain prime theater tix?

Old Sep 19th, 2000, 03:39 PM
jeff

Last week, I went on timeout.com for Time Out London. They have an option for theatre tickets through First Call. I bought tickets to The Graduate (I hated it; wife liked it). We showed up before the show and had no problems. In fact, I accidently originally bought one ticket and then went online to buy a second ticket. I emailed the company and quickly got a reply that the tickets would be together. They were.

Old Sep 21st, 2000, 06:14 PM
Sue

I purchased 4 tickets to the Sept 11th Lion King performance weeks before we left US. Came quickly in the mail, was able to select seats, viewed picture of theatre seating, excellent experience and less money than I pay in my own town to see a play. Went through web site www.disney.co.uk Depending upon other plays you want to attend, suggest you visit www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk and can see everything available plus arrange to purchase advance tickets. While in London I also found easy to get excellent tickets to Cats & Cooking with Elvis on the day of performances.

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 05:51 AM
Phantom

Another option is to use a US based ticket broker. One that I have used is Edwards And Edwards Tickets NYC, at 800-223-6108. Ordered tickets through them, had them delivered prior to departure, and everything went fine. Of course, you will pay some kind of service charge, but it is easy way to get tickets.

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 11:18 AM
David White

One other option is to LOOK online, decide the show you want to see, then call the theater box office directly. Yes, it takes an international phone call during box office hours, but it saves the hefty booking fees added by the ticket agencies. <BR> <BR>Charged to a credit card, many theaters in London will hold your tickets at the box office...works for me <BR> <BR>David White <BR> <BR>http://www.KidsToLondon.com

Old Sep 24th, 2000, 01:48 PM
Lori

We've used TicketmasterUK for tickets several times now and they are great. We pick the tickets up at the theater before the show (just print out the confirmation number to take with you). It's the easiest way to do it. Albemarle Tickets also has great seating charts, you can print them out as well.