"The Roman Guy" for tours?

Old Dec 5th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"The Roman Guy" for tours?

Just wondering if anyone here has used this company? Specifically for a Vatican tour but any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Dec 6th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Original Poster

Hmmm. Perhaps a worrisome sign that nobody here has used them! However, I'm pretty sure we are going to use this company. I'll let you all know how it goes.
Old Dec 6th, 2013, 06:30 AM

Lots of reviews on Tripadvisor.
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 03:22 PM

Glad I saw this. I read the reviews and they look great. We might consider them for our trip in May.
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 04:03 AM

Yeah, great TripAdvisor reviews and they also post lots of promo codes on their Facebook page www.facebook.com/theromanguy
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 04:51 AM

See KayTKay's latest trip report for an assessment of this tour. I believe I am summarizing accurately that she thought it would be OK for those not interested in as much depth of information but that the Walks of Italy tour, especially the Pristine Sistine tour, was the winner. We did that in May and are so glad that we did as we would have gotten a lot less out of our visit to the Vatican had we gone on our own.
Old Jun 19th, 2014, 03:13 AM

Thanks KayTKay for your trip report. We decided to book with The Roman Guy for our Sistine Chapel tour based on your comments about the crowds - there were barely any and it was a very pleasant experience! We had Brandon as our guide, who is native American. We thought he did a great job, provided us all the information we needed especially as first time travelers to Rome. He was very enthusiast and passionate about what he was explaining so it made it more enjoyable for us. We also liked your restaurant recommendation for il Falchetto - great ambiance in the area! We had the gnocchi and it was delicious! Our favorite gelato place we discovered is called Corona. It looks very touristy, but it's a family business and they use all natural ingredients. Try the lemon basil gelato!