The Naples Ferry

Sep 9th, 2001, 10:36 AM
Bob

The Naples Ferry

As always, I am entirely overplanning our next trip - but I have read so much about Naples traffic that I am looking for advice and directions for the simplest route to the Tirrenia ferry from Naples to Palermo. I will be traveling from the Amalfi Coast. Does anyone have a suggestion how to enter Naples and proceed to the dock for the ferry?
Thanks for any suggestions that you may have?

Sep 9th, 2001, 10:54 AM
Linda

I'd take train from Rome, then a taxi to the ferry/port. It's not that far and shouldn't cost very much. Both are in the "downtown area", though not within walking distance. There are, however, trains from Rome Termini that go to Naples Mergelina Stazione. It is within walking distance of the port, but only if you have easy-to-carry luggage.

Sep 9th, 2001, 10:55 AM
Linda

On second thought, have you looked into flights from Rome into Palermo. It may be a cheaper alternative, and certainly would be easier. I haven't compared the costs, but you may want to.

Sep 10th, 2001, 09:38 AM
GAC

The fastest way to get to the Tirrenia ferry (at Molo Beverello) in Naples from Amalfi is as follows: there is a direct SITA bus from Amalfi to Naples-Via Pisanelli (right off of Piazza Municipio) several times a day, taking 2 hours. From the bus terminal, you can walk to the dock (it's about 500 yards). The boat leaves in the early evening for the overnighter to Palermo.

Sep 10th, 2001, 12:05 PM
Linda

Sorry, Bob, I didn't read correctly. I thought you were coming from Rome. Don't listen to me--listen to GAC.

Search this Thread