Reload this Page >

The most beautiful X-mas market

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 09:45 AM
iola

Which city in Germany has the most beautiful X-market?

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 12:22 PM
Shanna

Iola, the market at Rothenburg (sp?) is very small and friendly and a lovely spot because the town itself is so delightful. Nuremburg (again sp?) had the best stuff. Salzburg in Austria was also small and the town lovely (see the cemetery); Munich most lively and fun people. Now, I went to a couple of others, but none were really "beautiful." I'd say Rothenburg for best all-around sense of being a medieval German town at the holidays.

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 10:40 PM
Gar

Shure there were a lot of other beautiful christmas markets. Stuttgart has a very nice (and the biggest). A interessting atmosphere has the on in the old monastier Maulbronn (which is a UNESCO heritage of mankind). Dinkelsbuehl is also nice, but not so many tourists. Stra&szlig;burg is not in Germany, but the market is great. In my opinion Nuernberg and Rothenburg are just designd for tourists, and so they loose a lot of their character.<BR><BR>anyway, have fun<BR>Gar

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 11:38 PM
notsure

For a different take on Christmas markets you should try to go a medieval market held at a castle. There's one near Frankfurt, in Ronneburg, that is great fun. Interesting food, handmade items for sale that you won't find at other markets, and a look at how life may have been "back in the day". Knights and peasants, cold air and gluhwein, really a lot of fun.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 06:08 AM
xxx

Christmas is not X-mas. This is an abbreviation thought up to X out Christ in a holiday which is only a holiday because of Him.<BR><BR>Please have enough respect for Christians to not ask questions concerning things about traditions of his birthday and X Christ out of Christmas.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 08:12 AM
hello

Hello...this is America xxx! As a practicing Roman Catholic I am not offended by the use of (X-mas). Get a grip. Anyway, I was in Germany last December and would recommend Koln as a destination. It is very beautiful and old city wonderful.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 08:31 AM
xx

Really xxx I would much prefer if you were not even on this board. I am looking for intelligent responses to my inquiries and I doubt you are up to the task with that kind of response. Do you even leave the country? <BR><BR>I liked the market in Salzburg (Austria) although I have always heard that the best market is in Nuerenberg (sp), thought this was the biggest. Oh this sounds like such a fun trip for Xmas.