Reload this Page >

The Cipriani Rome and where to stay in Venice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2000, 08:51 AM
Heidi

I am planning a trip to Italy for my husband and I. We plan to stay at the Cipriani and I just wanted to know whether it is really worth the money. We are also looking for a nice hotel in Rome. Has anyone stayed at the Eden Hotel or The Hassler, both of which have been recommended to me. <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR> <BR>Heidi

Old Mar 14th, 2000, 09:29 AM
Dona

I assume you're talking about the Cipriani in Venice. It is beautiful but for me, I find it out of the way since you have to take a boat to and from the hotel. For the money, I would prefer the Europa and Regina, or the Gritti Palace. Much more centrally located (but do go take a peek at the Cipriani...) <BR> <BR>I've not stayed at the Eden or the Hassler - both are wonderful. For me, the Hassler is more centrally located and is reported to be the "best in Rome". I have visited the Eden on a few occasions (primarily for lunch at La Terrazza on the roof - which I highly recommend...). I find the hotel just as elegant but a bit less busy. Both are wonderful... <BR> <BR>Dona

Old Mar 14th, 2000, 09:34 AM
Ed

I'd probably prefer the Gritti. You ask if worth the money? Not in terms of sleeping. If it's in your budget, then either are excellent choices. <BR> <BR>Ditto for Rome. Hassler certainly at the top of the list for Rome. I never find the location all that convenient. Scenic setting at the top of the Spanish Steps, certainly, but you're sort of stuck at a dead end in terms of getting around. Eden mildly preferable in that respect. It is said the Eden has become the more 'in' hotel ... for whatever that is worth. <BR> <BR>Rome.Switzerland.Bavaria <BR>www.twenj.com

Old Mar 15th, 2000, 10:22 AM
BC

I highly recommend the Cipriani. Besides being a great hotel, it has a wonderful <BR>garden and swimming pool, which can be <BR>a nice change from the hordes at St. Mark's square. The best part about it <BR>is taking the boat between hotel and <BR>square (takes 4 minutes). It's a <BR>glorious little ride and allows you <BR>to experience the water environment <BR>all the time, at no cost. I can't <BR>recommend it highly enough. <BR> <BR>We stayed at the Hassler and found it somewhat somber and overrated. The <BR>previous poster is right about its <BR>location -- a bit of a dead end. If you <BR>have a choice, go to Rome and then Venice. If you go to Venice first, you <BR>will experience major traffic shock when <BR>you get to Rome. It can be a bit hard <BR>to deal with after the atmospheric <BR>life in Venice.

Old Apr 13th, 2000, 02:50 PM
Karen

Can anyone say what the rooms at the Hotel Cipriani in Venice are like? <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR> <BR>Karen

Old Apr 14th, 2000, 09:52 AM
John

Rooms are typical for a luxury hotel. Actually, for the overpriced Cip, not that great. Check out their website at <BR> <BR>http://www.orient-expresshotels.com/...ice/hotel.html