Search

The big Move.!! to Spain from UK to France to Spain by Car

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2008, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The big Move.!! to Spain from UK to France to Spain by Car

Dear All
Firstly thanks for taking the time to read this. I am absolutly terrified with the daunting task of planning the car journey from Portsmouth Harbour to Alicante in Spain by Car stopping at a freinds in Limoges on the way. We are moving over to Spain permanently and are not really on a time limit as no jobs to go to, we only have to get to Limoges in a six week window from end of July. And on a tight Budget!!!!! so for you lot out there with an appetite for a challenge any ideas very very very much appreciated.
Old May 31st, 2008, 09:09 AM

I'm not really understand which problem exists. It sounds very straightforward. Leave Portsmouth and head towards one of the ferries which head towards France. Drive down the autoroutes and down to Limoges.
Since you're in a tight budget, don't take the toll routes. You can ask Michelin for maps which will provide routes without tolls. Mappy gives a similar route program. I think you can ask for nice views to stop (good places for picnics)and some place which give you some money savings thoughts.

Since you're going to be travelling on route nationals, you more than likely will have to spend a night somewhere. Look for some cheap and cheerful gites.

You didn't mention if you're two travelling or do you bringing kids. This will cost more but the basic thought doesn't change.

France is lovely so take your time and be careful driving on the small roads.

Blackduff
Old May 31st, 2008, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Hi Thanks for replying, I've never heard of Mappy, I imagine it is a website, ill check it out thanks for the tip about Michelin aswell. I really had no idea where to start. My problem was the choice of landing in France, St Malo, Cherbourg, Caen I would really like to make best use of ease of access to roads down to Limoges from the Ferry port. It is just My hubby and I travelling could you recommend somewhere on the internet that would give me estimated 'travel time' by route? thanks for your help
Nef
Old May 31st, 2008, 10:10 AM

Try this one with Michelin.

http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/viamich...?redirect=true

This is an English version. It gives times, speeds and even the radar boxes too. Look through there and see what you can find.

Here's a similar map program.

http://www.mappy.co.uk/

This will plan for your route starting in the UK.

Blackduff

Old May 31st, 2008, 10:45 PM

ttt
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 06:15 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much Blackduff for your help, the sites are really useful, I am now beginning to relax and will enjoy planning my route.!! Nef