Reload this Page >

THE BEST BEACHES IN EUROPE

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 1999, 04:15 AM
Monica

I'd like to ask if you have a favourite beach in Europe or elsewhere. <BR>I would want it sandy,immense and little crowded. <BR>Could you help me ???

Old Sep 29th, 1999, 04:17 AM
Jo

Definitely the Algave area in Portugal. <BR>

Old Sep 29th, 1999, 04:40 AM
Maira

Afife in Northern Portugal (Costa Verde). It meets all your requirements; miles of beautiful sandy beach, clean, not crowded, just incredible...

Old Sep 29th, 1999, 05:23 AM
Sheila

<BR>Anywhere on Tiree, Berneray or the west coast of Islay ( Scotiish Hebrides- after all you didn't mention weather...)

Old Sep 29th, 1999, 08:32 AM
kathy

Maira, can you suggest a place to stay in Costa Verde? You must have had a wonderful time in Portugal! Your posts are enjoyable and very informative. We hope to combine Lisbon & Madrid in May. I'm still pulling information to settle on dates and route. Thanks for your help. Hope I can repay the information in the future.

Old Sep 29th, 1999, 08:42 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

No question---the beach at Praia de Rocha on the Algarve. Stay at the Bellavista hotel right above the beach. <BR>The Costa del Sol has some great beaches <BR>but is too crowded, and the beaches on <BR>the Greek Isles are too hard to access. <BR>Be aware that the Med is not warm water <BR>temp---this is not Florida.

Old Sep 29th, 1999, 04:28 PM
Maira

(Please bare with me you people who have read my previous postings raving about Viana Do Castelo in Northern Portugal). <BR> <BR>Kathy: I read about this town and when BOB THE NAV mentioned it in one of his posts I knew I had a winner! Viana is a quaint seaside medieval town, with wonderful people, incredibly inexpensive, and lots of history and sightseeing possibilities. Check out the following site: http://www.contactovisual.pt/viana/index.html

Old Sep 30th, 1999, 07:38 AM
Maribel

Two huge, gorgeous family beaches on Spain's Bay of Biscay; El Sardinero in Santander (Cantabria)and the elegant La Concha in San Sebastian. They're beautiful!