The Algarve - where to rent a villa

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I are planning a trip to the Algarve region of Portugal this summer. We will have a group of six, varying in age from 28-65. We would like to spend time beaching it, but also tour the countryside. Given the fact that some of us would like to spend more time at the beach, while others would like to be more active hiking and touring, as well as activiteis at night - does anyone have suggestions for best villages to rent a villa in?
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 06:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is a vast choice of villas along the Algarve coast and most of the major towns are surrounded by places that for rent. Again, most of the towns/villages are on the coast but offer easy access inland.

My personal favourites are Lagos, Praia da Rocha and Portimao.
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 02:00 AM

Benagilholidays.com. Amazing clifftop villas to rent and at a good price. We went for the first time this past June and stayed at Casa Atlantico - you can find my review on Tripadvisor at this link: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUse...t_Algarve.html
You won't be disappointed. It's an amazing place, amazing location with a trust worthy organization around it. We'll be going back for sure.
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 03:07 AM

If you can go at any other time of the year I would urge you to consider that as summer is overly full of tourists in the Algarve. Many Portuguese vacation at that time, the beaches and roads are very crowded and it can get to be very hot. As I am writing I am looking out at the sea here in the Algarve, the sky is clear blue and the temps are going to be very warm. Yesterday many were swimming in the sea.....not bad for the end of October.

If you must be here in summer June or even July better choices then August and my final thought is to avoid Albufiera unless you want to eat bangers and beans and listen loud music all night. Are you looking for a quiet place but location near the action for the younger people in your group and will you have a car?
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 04:12 AM

I agree completely with 'lowcountrycarol'. We went in June and it was absolutely splendid. And do stay away from Albufiera, save for a day trip. We went there later in the day and enjoyed a fresh seafood dinner at a restaurant on the beach. It has it's charms, but we were so happy to get back to Benagil and the peace and beauty it offers.
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 02:59 AM

Dutchman, I have had a vacation home in the Algarve for many years and every year go to Benegil for a snack or meal as we love that village so much. You have found paradise.