Reload this Page >

Thank you World!!!!

Search

Thank you World!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 09:27 AM
Karen

Thank you World!!!!

Check this web site. Beautiful photo's that show how the US is supported across the world. <BR> <BR>http://manson.exodus.net/thankyou/index2.html <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 10:21 AM
minbrooklyn

I agree, thank you world. I was looking at photos that were taken all over the world of Friday's day of mourning. Living here in Brooklyn and seeing the city I've lived and worked in for half my life and all the death and destruction, it was incredibly comforting to see the world respond in such a way. Just want you to know that what you did made a difference. <BR> <BR>for a week I couldn't even call my family in California. I couldn't get on the internet (phone lines were dead). The only tv we had was two channels of 24 hour news, which kept playing the attack over and over again (we don't have cable). Even though in our neighborhood life is relatively "normal", as in not disrupted except for some communications, and I haven't experienced the loss of family or friends, I've had a terrible time with all my grief and anger. <BR> <BR>M in Brooklyn

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 12:52 PM
Judy

Thank you, Karen. <BR>I had my tears quotient for the day, and it was cathartic. <BR>It was a very touching tribute. <BR>Judy

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 01:50 PM
Escritora

Thank you, Karen, for this and other links you've posted this week. <BR> <BR>May I suggest that we create here a Fodor's album that lists the countries from which each of us has received condolences? I'll begin. I've heard repeatedly from friends of mine in Sweden, Denmark, France, Spain, England, Mexico, and Chile, and once from an acquaintance in Turkey, all sending their love and sharing our rage and sorrow.

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 01:50 PM
Robin

Don't miss this site-- truly beautiful

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 01:53 PM
Annette

Thanks for finding the web site, Karen. I included it in the email I sent to my brother-in-law, currently in Nairobi. He's been traveling in Africa for the past 11 months, has a ticket to London and then Seattle on the 20th. He is ready to come home NOW and was anxious for emails from home. Thanks for giving me something positive to send him.

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 04:09 PM
nancy

Received E-s from Kuwait and Italy

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 03:16 PM
Patty

Karen, Thank you.

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 07:41 PM
Linda

Great site, Karen. I have received emails from several friends in Germany. We must remember that not just Americans were murdered--also Germans, Great Britains, Columbians, etc.

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 12:01 PM
Can'tForget

ttt

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 04:58 PM
Art

Thanks Karen, this relates to what I saw on my trip. <BR>Regards, <BR>Art <BR>