Thank you for the amazing trip reports!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to give everyone who writes a trip report a big thank you.

I don't post too often on here - not unless I have real advice - which isn't too often because I've only been to Europe twice.

But do like to look through the forum to get travel ideas. And I noticed over the past month, there has been a flurry of the most wonderful trip reports! Maybe because more people travel during summer? Whatever the reason, I am really enjoying reading about these wonderful places.

Some reports make me want to travel to places I would never have thought of - like the English Lakes district from Anna1013 report. Other reports make me feel like I am right there eating a crepe on the streets of Paris (thank you rhk06), or soaking up the sun in Italy (thanks kimig).

These are just a few reports that I really enjoyed & appreciated. There are so many more....Whenever I see a new one, I am anxious to learn more about a place from another traveller's perspective. So thank you to everyone!
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 04:52 PM

I second that! I'm really enjoying being transported to these spots while reading about your adventures. Thanks for putting in the time and energy - it's much appreciated.
Old Jul 19th, 2007, 04:27 AM

Too true! And I'll add my special thanks on behalf of all of us who love travel and are experiencing a land-locked year. J.
Old Jul 19th, 2007, 06:03 AM

Thank you Lolly100 As I mentioned on my travel report, it seems very self indulgent writing such a report. I am thrilled that you have found enjoyment from it! I know when planning our trip, I read and read and read every single trip report I could find!
Old Jul 19th, 2007, 11:09 AM

How nice Lolly..a thank you indeed to everyone that takes the time and trouble to write their trip report. I love to read trip reports also..especially this year since I won't be travelling. I mentally travel along with the poster..a nice mental escape from "real" life!
Old Jul 19th, 2007, 11:26 AM

Trip reports are the lifeblood of this forum. They help keep it one of the most useful (and enjoyable!) travel resources in the world.

I've said it a thousand times before, but the best way to say "thanks" to all who have contributed their valuable observations is to respond in kind. Do yourself and the rest of us a favor...go someplace cool, and report on it!
Old Jul 19th, 2007, 11:53 AM

Lolly,

Wow - I amazed I was one of those that you remembered! I do have to tell you to read Moolyn's trip reports about the Lake Distict - she's the ultimate pro for that area!

Like Kimi said, trip reports are a bit self-indulgent as you get to tell others about your trip, but I would never have learned so much on this forum without them! That's one of my favorite things about fodors, and I really enjoy the looong ones the best
Old Jul 20th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

KimiG & Anna1013,
I'm so glad you saw this post. Your reports were really fabulous!

I agree, I also enjoyed writing my trip report after I went to Spain. It's a great way to re-live your experience!

I'm just amazed at how kind people are to take the time to write these reports. Because they are so helpful to others & so much fun to read!