Notices

TGV Prems not Printing! Yikes!

Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
TGV Prems not Printing! Yikes!

Is there something up with the SNCF website? I booked my PREMs, made sure I did NOT select trip insurance, got all the way to the "Print Your Tickets" and I got this message:
Because of a technical problem, we cannot give you access to your tickets.
Please excuse us and come back later.
Thank you for your understanding.

I keep trying. I've closed out of the website and gone back on. The reference number and last name takes me directly to my reservation, and then the same thing keeps happening.

I noticed I have not received an email confirmation, however.

Anyone else suffering?
Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 02:36 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was able to print Prems tickets a few days ago without problem but it sounds like the sncf site is acting up. Since the system has your reservation I suggest you wait a few days, perhaps until monday, and then retrieve your reservation and print it then. Usually there is a "print later" option which tells me you don't need to print the tickets right away anyway.
Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 05:11 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That happened to me. I got the same message for a full day but was able to print them next day. That was a month ago.
Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 05:46 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Worst case scenario, I think you can go to a ticket window once there with a screen print of the error and the actual credit card you used, but you should be able to print in a day or 2.
Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 05:53 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You can also call an English-speaking SNCF operator at 08-92-35-35-37 and ask for help.
Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 06:07 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

St Cirq- Hi! You were one of the people who helped me navigate the website! I had to change my itinerary because after finally locating the English portin with your help, I had missed the 14-day advance ticket price, With France 6 hours ahead, at noon I had rolled into the next business day, or 6:01 pm their time! Sorry, Josephina, didn't intend to hijack, you've got knowledgeable responders here, take heart.
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 04:47 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi All--It's still not allowing me to print today (Sunday)but I feel better knowing it's happened to someone else and that there's a back-up. Thanks.
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 02:54 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Update for anyone having the same problem in the future:

Recap: I have used the SNCF website many times and printed out at home twice before. On Saturday, I made reservations in the afternoon but was not allowed to print because of "technical problems", according to the site message. I was also alarmed that I did not receive a summary email. On the bright side, the website still had my reservation.

I tried to print throughout the day on Sunday until late at night and kept getting the same message (so that means for well over 24 hours, ticket printing was not possible and I still had not received a summary email).

Success: I tried on Monday, 5:45 EST and was a little surprised to see "Tickets Printed" on the screen once I assessed my reservation. However, not to worry--I was taken to the necessary screen and was able to print.

Notenly AFTER printing out my tickets did I receive the summary email.

Thanks to all who reassured me, and I hope this information will reassure someone else in the same circumstances.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 05:59 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I purchased PREMs on the SNCF website over the weekend. I received email confirmations of both of my orders. Each confirmation states that the method of collection for the ticket is "Printed Ticket". However, "Quelle surprise!", I am not able to print them. Whenever I enter my reference and name, I get the message "A technical error has occured. We apologise for any inconvenience."

I have been trying for 3 days now, at all hours. No luck! I just tried calling the SNCF English line and the representative told me that she could not help me with on-line purchases and suggested I send them an email, which I have now done.

Any suggestions?
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 07:51 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Venebede: I suggest just waiting a few days and try again. My tickets would not print either. I just gave up and opened the email a few weeks later clicked on print tickets and it worked, you can even print out extra copies.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 07:54 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just got a reply from SNCF, as follows:

"We acknowledge receipt of your message and regret the inconvenience encountered on our website.

You meet difficulties while printing your ticket due to a bug in the printing page displaying.

Our technical support team is working on this bug to solve it as soon as possible.

In the meanwhile, we offer you to collect your ticket on site at any station in France (at SNCF desk or ATM). We remind you not to forget that you need the file reference number with 6 letters as well as the credit card used for the online payment."

This now presents several questions:
1. My first trip will be departing from CDG (to Avignon TGV). Is there an SNCF desk at CDG?
2. I used my Visa card for this purchase. Any problem with that, as some people have discussed "European magnetic Visa cards(?)".
3. Just curious, has anyone successfully printed PREMs since 8/25?
Thanks to everyone for your assistance.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 08:08 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Venebede: I printed my tickets on Sat. 8/25.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 08:40 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I ordered my tickets Sunday, received my e-mail confirmation but still unable to print. So, I will assume that I purchased the tickets.

I will check until I have my printed tickets.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 08:44 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No need to panic. If you can't print your own tickets, any SNCF station, at CDG or anywhere else will print them for you. Just be sure you keep the reference number.
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Venbede: I'm pretty sure you'll eventually be able to print. You're luckier than I -- I didn't even get a confirmation email before the technical error. Everyone on the forum calmed me down and said, "Don't worry--it'll be OK." And in three days, it was.

However, if you can't print, don't work. you'll be going to the CDG station in Terminal 2 to take your train. The SNCF boutique office is right next to it. The line is long, but the people who work there are very nice. Your confirmation/record code and the credit card you used are all that you need. Can't remember if I needed my passport, too, but since you'll have that anyway...

Let us know how it goes.
Old Sep 1st, 2007, 07:45 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As of today, still unable to print tickets. I'm not panicked, but I find it disturbing that there would be a "bug" in their system for this long. Anyone been able to print tickets in the past week?
Old Sep 1st, 2007, 09:27 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Same here. I still have not been able to print our tickets for November 24th (Paris-Geneva), purchased Sunday. At least I have a confirmation and my MC account has been charged already.
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 02:37 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just printed my tickets. Yes!!!
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
venbede: Any luck?
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 04:56 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have exact same experience as baby2. Bought two pairs of PREM TGV tickets on Sunday 9/2, able to print both sets today, 9/4.

So, it seems to take about 48 hours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FODOR'S VIDEO