Search

Tenerife

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 02:21 AM
Miles

Tenerife

Please could someone recommend a luxurious hotel in the north of the island for myself to patronise for a week. I have been considering Hotel Botánico - a leading hotel of the world, what are your opinions on this particlular establishment? Thanking you in anticipation of your response.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 07:43 AM
Author

Surely someone has stayed here - please help, any information would be of great help to me. Many thanks

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 07:59 AM
2 get help, b nicer

Maybe no one WANTS to help because you've left too many nasty comments on everyone else's theads today. Or maybe it's just because Tenerife is in Africa and this is the Europe forum.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 07:59 AM
2 get help, B nicer

Maybe no one WANTS to help because you've left too many nasty comments on everyone else's threads today. Or maybe it's just because Tenerife is in Africa and this is the Europe forum.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 09:55 AM
Rudy

Tenerife is in the Canary Islands. These are part of Spain. Spain is a European country. This is the correct forum.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 10:03 AM
mk

No, geographically they are in Africa, though politically obviously part of Spain. Fodors travel categories are based on geography, which changes little. Political organization changes, as colonies become independent, etc. Canary Islands are listed under Africa on the www.fodors.com site, fyi.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 10:15 AM
xxxx

It is in Africa.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 10:22 AM
oooh come on now

Hey, lighten up guys! So, Miles was a little crabby about the clothes thing and perhaps not too diplomatic, do we have to punish him forever? <BR>The Europe Forum helped a woman going to Hawaii a few weeks ago, remember? <BR> <BR>I can't answer this for you, Miles. I have not been there. <BR> <BR>Sorry <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 10:26 AM
European traveler

So who's punishing? Maybe we just don't know anything about Tenerife ( since it's in Africa and we mainly know Europe). What's that about the clothes thing?

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 10:35 AM
fyi

the clothes thing <BR>Author: Miles ([email protected]) <BR>Date: 2/19/2001, 5:59 am ET <BR> <BR>Message: Find out the weather, dress appropiately - if you eat in michelin starred establishments, dress accordingly, if you dine in cheap bistros, dress down - simple? I take it that you are an adult and hopefully of reasonable intelligence and self-integrity, why do you need to ask others how to dress? If I asked whether I should wear suit X or suit Y for work I could hardly expect one to take me seriously. Furthermore, why do you thinnk anyone is interested in you? In the grand scheme of things, you, I , and everone else are no one. Please could people stop asking for fashion advice in a travel forum. Learn how to dress appropiately, before you embark on travelling <BR>

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 10:41 AM
fyi

Author: Miles ([email protected]) <BR>Date: 2/19/2001, 5:49 am ET <BR> <BR>Message: There is no one fashion capital of the world - Milan, New York, London, Tokyo, etc. Why are you so concerned about what to where? If you know it is cold don't wear summer clothing, where winter clothing - simple? Besides which, who do you think is even interested or looking at you. Are people so unsure of themselves, that they need others to dress them? <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 10:43 AM
and the food thing, too

Author: Miles ([email protected]) <BR>Date: 2/19/2001, 11:22 am ET <BR> <BR>Message: If you are anything but American I apologise in advance for my following comment. If you are American is your statement about "healthy eating" a little hypocritical? I believe that it is - after all countries in the <BR>

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 10:45 AM
fyi

I'm being silly and a little nasty, but truthfully I don't know anything about hotels in Tenerife.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 11:49 AM
trying2Bnicer

<BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>Regular Listings: <BR>Atalaya Gran Hotel <BR>Beatriz <BR>Club La Santa <BR>Flamingo Suites Hotel <BR>Hotel Botanico A luxury, five star hotel perched upon a hilltop on the island of Puerto de la Cruz. Features 260 rooms, 3 restaurants, 2 swimming pools, sauna, 2 flood lit tennis courts and gym. <BR>Hotel Corbeta Three star accommodations located in Playa Blanca on the southern tip of Lanzarote. <BR>Hotel Rural A beautiful 16 room hotel located on the island of Tenerife in the Canary Islands. The hotel features a diverse set of facilities and activities ranging from botanical gardens to horseback riding. <BR>Hotel Rural Finca las Salinas Four star, country side hotel located in Yaiza, South of the Lanzarote Island. <BR>Hotel San Antonio Four star hotel located on the island of island of Lanzarote. Features large swimming pool, restaurant, bar, tennis, gym, sauna, massages, volleyball and aerobics. <BR>Hotel Santa Catalina Since 1890, the five star, Hotel Santa Catalina has been serving guests on Grand Canary Island. The hotel has 202 rooms, most with views of park or sea. Rooms provided with marble bathrooms, satellite television, direct line telephones, air conditioning Canarian balconies or terraces and 24 hour room service. <BR>Hotel Tenerife Tour <BR>La Perla Hotel Playa located on the south-western end of Puerto del Carmen's beach promenade, a few minutes walk from the island's most beautiful beaches and the hub of the entertainment quarter. <BR>Medano Hotel <BR>Morromar <BR>Stella Canaris A massive holiday complex located on the island of Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands. Stella Caris features several different types of accommodations, seven restaurants, seven pools, eight bars and an ice cream shop, a zoo, a kindergarten park, tennis courts, horseback riding, fitness center and beach volleyball. <BR>TenBel Hotel Park A group of four aparthotels in Tenerife. <BR>Westhaven bay <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 12:00 PM
nasty and nice

Copied from internet <BR> <BR>As to be expected for a major tourist location the town contains a large number of hotels. The standard, in particular the level of service and the quality of the meals is often poor by International standards. In too many hotels client satisfaction appears to be an alien concept. The rare exceptions are the privately owned and managed hotels where the hoteliers take immense pride in their hotels. The poor quality of many of the hotels in particular the hotel management has been officially recognised and improvements form part of the overall Tourist Development Plan for the Orotava Valley. <BR> <BR>The independent OAG Agent's Gazetteer 1998 gives an idea of what to expect: <BR> <BR>Accommodation: Weighting in favour of hotels rather than apartments, most of them in the middle range of quality, some of the 4-stars are are not worthy of their rank. <BR> <BR>In contrast to the hotels the many restaurants in Puerto de la Cruz serve excellent meals. The owners and staff take a great pride in their dishes and the quality of service. Outside of Puerto de la Cruz the food in any bar is usually excellent <BR>

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 12:07 PM
nasty/nice again

FROM THE INTERNET ALSO <BR> <BR> <BR>Hotel Semiramis: Situated in Puerto de la Cruz.It is located in one of the most beautiful and elegant areas of the pretty resort of Puerto de la Cruz. Rooms Capacity 325. Halls Capacity from 12 to 1.000 pax. <BR> <BR>Hotel Mencey: Located in Santa Cruz. The gardens of the hotel are beautifully landscaped to exhibit a magnificent year-round profusion of plants and flowers. Rooms Capacity 313. Halls Capacity from 10 to 500 pax. <BR> <BR>4**** <BR> <BR>Hotel Maritim: Amidst a nice garden at the dramatic coastal water’s edge and high above the cliffs of Puerto de la Cruz, in Los Realejos, lies the elegant Maritim Hotel. Rooms Capacity 451; Halls Capacity from 10 to 700 pax. <BR> <BR>Hotel Jardín Tropical: Located in Costa Adeje. A comfortable Hotel with elegant surrounds, exquisite food and leisure facilities to offer a winning combination to the connoisseur of business & entertainment. Rooms Capacity 397; Halls Capacity from 60 to 150 pax. <BR> <BR>Hotel Paradise Park: Located in Los Cristianos. 280 rooms. Meeting rooms from 12 to 110pax. <BR> <BR>Hotel Meliá Puerto de la Cruz: In Puerto de la Cruz. 300 rooms. Meeting rooms from 60 to 1.000 pax. <BR> <BR>Hotel San Felipe: In Puerto de la Cruz. 260 rooms. Meeting rooms from 40 to 200 pax. <BR> <BR>Hotel Parque San Antonio: in Puerto de la Cruz. 211 rooms. Meeting rooms for 300 pax. <BR> <BR>Hotel Vallemar: In Puerto de la Cruz. 171 rooms. Meeting rooms from 40 to 400 pax. <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 12:45 PM
Author

Thank you, for your responses, however, my original question still remains unresolved, and I have no changed feelings about people asking what to wear - what sort of suit do you recommend for Tenerife? Light/dark colour, what shade of white/cream, 55.467%white linen, 44.533% cream cotton? What make, or perhaps tailored??

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 01:06 PM
OOOH, NOW I'M MAD

OKAY, MILES! <BR>I HAVE HAD IT! I CAME TO YOUR DEFENSE EARLIER AND NOW REGRET IT! YOU ARE A NUMBER ONE JERK!

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 01:23 PM
2 get help B nicer

I told you so.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 01:37 PM
officious intermeddler

Miles, next time you really need information on this forum it might be better to post under a different name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -