Temperature in Barcelona

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 03:03 PM
Paul

Temperature in Barcelona

I recall a writer saying that he/she spent a week in Barcelona in May. I'm about to book a trip for next May. Some of the recommended hotels have no air conditioning - just a ceiling fan. What are the temperatures in Barcelona in May or June. Anything like Madrid?<BR>Thanks, Paul

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 09:15 PM
topper

I'm thinking of going in may also and would like to know what kinds of temps to expect - similar to italy in may?

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 10:24 PM
anne

The weather is perfect in May. Around 20 degrees.<BR>Not too hot, like in August. And it's not overloaded with tourists.

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 08:39 AM
Rex

From www.weatherbase.com; all temeratures listed in degrees Fahrenheit.<BR><BR>Average high temperature 68<BR>Average low temperature 53<BR><BR>Record high temperature 79<BR>Record low temperature 41<BR><BR>Average number of days above 65: 22<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 10:36 AM
not exactly

of the temperature range.<BR>

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 02:40 PM
Alec

It's not unusual for the temperature to hit the 80's in May, though only for a few hours around early afternoon. By nightfall it should drop to more comfortable 60-70, so a lack of aircon shouldn't be a deterrant. Thing about May is changeableness, so a few hot days could be followed by cooler, wetter period. It settles to more typical Mediterranean summer pattern in June. I always find the heat around Barcelona to be more manageable than in inland Madrid, due to sea breezes. You'll probably find a ceiling fan more than adequate for a comfortable sleep.

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 06:33 PM
another alex

Do you think that the weathervbase info is wrong? I went and looked at it myself. They said highest temerpature recorded ever for May is 79.<BR><BR>I know it surprised me. It also says that the highest recorded here in Norfolk ever is 100 in May. That sounds right.<BR>