tell me about prague!

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 01:53 PM
vicki

tell me about prague!

My friend and I will be going to Prague the end of August for 1 week and would love to hear about the city, and what's hot and what's not. Looking for moderate accommodations and we're not afraid to stay in a hostel. Appreciate anything you can offer! Vicki

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 07:37 PM
Linda

We stayed at Pension Balbin on Balbinova near the Muzeum Metro & Wenceslas Square. It is clean, shower & toilet in room, good buffet breakfast, on top floors of apartment building with locked door to street so safe and within 5-10 minute walking distance to just about anywhere you want to go. It was $80/2 during high season a year ago. Check www.avetravel.cz or nethotels.com for information. The Charles Bridge at night is great view.

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 11:52 PM
hoya

hi chutiye,

its just an indian greeting!
anyway, you wanna go to prague....do not go there its dangerous ..my friends sis was raped trhere...almost if she had not run...you know but she ran...what would you have done. its a different question...i will cater tpo your question first...
stay on the streets..they are pretty cheap. you fuckin expect us to offer you sweets or what you suck man...where are you form?
well its differennt question...your question first. why don't you stay in germany hich is very cheap and go to prague..that ways you can enjoy 2-2 countries???

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 05:54 AM
Phantom

Hoya: Better give your physician a call, your prescription is too strong for your system to handle. Maybe you have an alergic reaction to the drug. Check out both possibilities to be safe.

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 11:47 AM
vicki

Phantom, Thanks for the response...There's some real sick-o's out there!

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 05:37 PM
Vicky

From one Vicky to another, except for spelling, Prague is the most beautiful city I've been to. Yes, even better than Paris! I was there 2 years ago with my husband and it is lovely. We were there for 3 days and it's a charming city. Hoya is "medicated" but if your friend is also female, just be careful at night. I read up on Prague and true to the books, everyone's out for a buck don't be afraid to haggle. For example, if you're taking taxi's negotiate the price/fare before you get in or you'll be ripped off! Haggleing is also almost expected in the stores so go for it, you have nothing to lose.
I think, no, I know you'll enjoy Prague. Have a GREAT time!

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 06:55 PM
Art

Hi Vicki, Prague is a beautiful city. There is quite a bit to do. There are a number concerts going on most of the time. In the town square in the old city there is the astrological clock and yound people dressed in period cosumes selling tickets for concerts. The Science and Industry museum is great although the National museum is not so interesting. The buildings are great, really colorfull whith various hues. Prague was mostly untouched during the war so is quite intact. A very interesting side trip would be to Cesky Krumlov. Its a 13th century village that is untouched by wars with the 2nd largest Castle in the Republic. You could do it in one day or stay overnight.
Visit the Charles bridge in the evening and walk around castle hill during the day. Visit the old Jewish cematery. It's like nothing I've ever seen. Many outdoor cafe's to visit. They have the first birs ever made, Pilsner Urquel and Budwise. They are almost as good as German bier.
Have a great trip.
Art