Reload this Page >

Teenage Clubs in London?

Search

Teenage Clubs in London?

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2000, 09:27 AM
Polly

Teenage Clubs in London?

Our family is traveling to London in July/August for two weeks. My daughter has been on the internet looking up clubs in London where she can see some punk bands... I should note here that she is a terrific girl, and not out looking for trouble - just <BR>really would like a true London teenage experience, not just tourist gloss. And she would like to take her (rather mature) 14 year-old brother with her. We are concerned however, about giving them this much freedom of experience in a city we have never visited, so am curious as to whether anyone has knowledge of the teenage scene in London, and its relative safety. Thank you for any info!

Old May 23rd, 2000, 09:45 AM
elaine

Polly <BR>Just as a reference, there is a guidebook out called "Hanging Out in Europe" that is geared towards teens and young adults. According to the reviews <BR>on Amazon, the book leaves a lot to be desired for accuracy in maps, precise locations, etc, but it does cover all major cities (including London) and when I glanced in it it had youth-oriented comments about the atomosphere in various bars, clubs, restaurants, etc. <BR>Another such book is "Let's Go London" which is updated every year, is accurate, and is also youth-oriented. <BR>I don't know how old your daughter is, but you indicate she has a good head on her shoulders. I would just be concerned about what neighborhoods the clubs are in. If it's a decent neighborhood, and she has cab fare to get back to the hotel in the wee hours, London is as safe as most places.

Old May 23rd, 2000, 10:04 AM
Polly

Thank you Elaine! I'll skip over to Amazon right now....

Old May 23rd, 2000, 04:13 PM
Julian

I suggest you get her a copy of Time Out or visit http://www.timeout.com. Punk went out here in about 1978 but I guess there must be somewhere still playing it...

Old May 25th, 2000, 04:20 AM
Mark

Hi ... <BR>The problem you may have is whether your son (14 year old) would get into anyway, as he has to be 18 or even 21 for most London clubs I know ... <BR>Mark