Reload this Page >

Taxi to Rome from airport and tipping

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 09:42 AM
Jill

How much should you tip when taking a taxi to Rome from airport? We are 2 people with 2 pieces of luggage and 2 hand luggage. Does the fare include all this or??? Thanks for any help.

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 04:42 PM
Andy

A private car sevice from airport to ROme is 50,000 lire=Approx.$23=25 USD.Includes all taxes--you can tip whatever you want. You can reserve ahead of time to :[email protected]. Write in care of Andrea and he will take care of you. They will pick you up outside of customs.. etc. Good luck

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 03:48 AM
Anne Boniwell

We're arriving in Rome on June 29 (a public holiday) and we were wondering about taxis from Fiumicino to central Rome. If you go ahead and use the limo service recommended, I would really appreciate your letting me know how it works out. I think I've seen other replies on Fodors, saying it's about $50 by cab to Rome.

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 05:37 AM
Ed

Taxi from Fiumicino to city center should run $30-$40 ... ITL70-80,000. I ordinarily tip taxis in Rome about 10%. <BR> <BR>twenj

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 02:05 PM
Ken

Andy: I tried that web site you suggested, and couldn't find a link to change it to English. Some help here please. Thanks.

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 04:43 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Jill, We just used this shuttle van from FCO to the centro in Rome and paid about $34--it was a very good service. <BR>Look at www.airportshuttle.it

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 07:28 PM
andy

Ken- the item I listed on the rome limo service is their email address. I don't even remember if I contacted there web site as all i've been doing is emailing the gentleman at the name I listed above. He is most helpful and even told me of rates in other cities that he felt were way too high. So write to:[email protected] and direct your letter to Andrea. It usually takes him 24-36 hrs to answer you. Good luck.

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 06:33 AM
Diane

Bob - does that shuttle van go to hotels or just a central point in the centro? Actually, I'll get off my ___ and check the website.

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 06:53 AM
Diane

Just visited the site -- looks like a good deal. There is a 20,000 lira surcharge for pick up at the airport? But then it is not charged to go from hotel to the airport. For three people with luggage, 80,000 lira from FCO to hotel, 60,000 to go from hotel to FCO. Sounds good to me. For two people, 60k and 40k, etc.