taxi to heathrow hotel?

Old May 7th, 2002, 04:56 PM
joyce

taxi to heathrow hotel?

Is it possible to take a taxi to/from the hotels around Heathrow? My flights are arriving very late and leaving very early, so the airbus is not an option.
Also, for a flight to Ireland, how far in advance do I need to arrive at the airport?

Old May 7th, 2002, 08:33 PM
xxxxx

I would check with the hotel first, as many of them have almost 24 hour shuttle services to cope with late/early arrivals or departures.

Old May 8th, 2002, 08:48 AM
joyce

I've tried calling and faxing the hotel. My call was transferred to a number which noone ever answered, and they haven't responded to my fax.
I know that most airports do have taxis but sometimes they refuse to go to a nearby hotel because they lose a higher fare. Since noone has mentioned a taxi as an alternative to/from Heathrow, I'd like to know if I can count on one.

Old May 8th, 2002, 09:48 AM
Gregory

Hi Joyce,

There will be taxis outside all the terminals at all time, just follow the signs for Taxis when you clear customs. Just before checking out ask at the front desk to call a taxi and one should be with you in a few minutes.
I think the absolute minimum time to check in for Ireland is 30-45 minutes but I allow 1 hour minimum ( and more if it is a peak time flight and the days before bank holidays)
What hotel are you planning on staying at?

Hope this helps
Gregory

Old May 8th, 2002, 04:21 PM
joyce

Thanks, Gregory. I'm staying at the St Giles. Rates through the internet are low, 47 GBP one night and 69 GBP the other. Their concierge did respond, saying I can order a taxi for 12 GBP. That's my only option for transportation at the hours I need it, so I'm just glad it's available.

Old May 12th, 2002, 05:48 PM
Crystal Dalek

in the 2002 fodors london book it says:
Take a non-stop flight to london.