I am travelling to Switzerland from 21 June to 4 July For a holiday. I have planned my itinerary but realised that there are some areas where I'll need some advice with.
1. The itinerary for Wengen is mostly outdoor and weather dependent. Are there any suggestions for wet weather activities?
2. Should I change 30th June from Lausanne to Zermatt?
3. Should I get a half fare card or a swiss pass?
4. Any other sugesstions on my itinerary?
Appreciate all advise and suggestions. Here's my itinerary:
21 June -Lucerne:
Arrival @ Zurich 0800am
Zurich to Lucerne train @ 0845, 0913
Reach hotel @ ~1000, 1020
Leave hotel by 1100
Mt Pilatus Golden Round Trip (if rainy weather, swap with 22 June's activities)
22 June - Lucerne:
Swiss transport museum
Dying Lion Monument
23 June - Lucerne:
Day Trip to Berne
24 June - Wengen:
Train from Lausanne to Wengen @ 0605
Reach Hotel Edelweiss @ 0920
25 June - Wengen:
26 June - Wengen:
Flyingwheels full day bike
27 June - Wengen:
Eiger trial (optional, takes over any of the first 3 days activities if weather is not ideal)
28 June - Lausanne:
29 June - Lausanne:
Maison Cailler - Chocolate Factory
Castle of Gruyeres
House of Gruyeres cheese (optional)
Explore town of Gruyeres
30 June - Lausanne:
?? Shld I change this to zermatt, any other interesting things to do in lausanne or nearby ?
1 July - Zermatt:
2 July - Zermatt:
3 July - Zurich:
4 July - flight back in the morning
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO & Email 1888~260:2909 Password Reset Contact YAHOO Tec*h Care By Yes!
- 2 Has anyone used Gemut.com for car rental?
- 3 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 4 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 5 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 6 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 7 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 8 Which Area in London?
- 9 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 10 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 11 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 12 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 13 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 14 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 15 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 16 Paris November 2017
- 17 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 18 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 19 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 20 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 21 Transportation in Brittany
- 22 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 23 Trains - website?
- 24 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 25 First time in Normandy & Brittany