switzerland itenary

Jun 4th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

switzerland itenary

Author: avanti
Date: 06/04/2006, 01:39 am
We have about 4 days in Switzerland and have a swiss rail pass. It is our first trip. I have a rough idea of places to see but have no clue how to plan the itenary as I am not familiatr with their locations. Some things we want to see are-Lucerne, Interlaken, Jungfrau, Wengen, Zemmat, Trummelbach falls,Grimmelwald, Rhine falls , of course Zurich and geneva. since we have the pass is there some way to go about planning a route to see this. Also open to other suggestions.
What is the weather like in the middle of June- do I need winter clothes?
Will really appreciate help in planning sightseeing route. and budget hotel suggestions.

Jun 4th, 2006, 02:15 PM

Where are you flying into and out of? That will help us put an itinerary together.

Rhine falls isn't really that spectacular. I'd leave it out. And if you aren't flying into Geneva, I'd leave that out too.

4 days is just enough to see Berner Oberland, Lucerne and a bit of Zürich. I'm not sure if Zermatt will fit in or not.
Jun 4th, 2006, 02:27 PM

I disagree on the Rhine Falls not being spectacular, but with only 4 days I agree that you barely have enough time for the sights around Grindelwald.

May I suggest a good Michelin map of Switzerland to help you get oriented>?
Jun 4th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Original Poster

We will be going to Switzerland from Paris on the 13th probably by train and get into Basel/ mullhouse. i think we have to but a ticket from paris to mullhouse and then from basel we can use our swiss rail pass. I don't know what happens between mullhouse and basel.After that we have 4 days with the swiss pass. so we would like to see all the area around lucerene, wengen etc and also make use of all the free perks that come with the pass like boat rides etc. does anyone know what the freebies are in that area?
Jun 4th, 2006, 07:41 PM

You buy a train ticket from Paris to Basel NOT Mulhouse. You'll pass customs/border control at the train station in Basel. BTW, Basel is "Bâle" in French.