SwissAir

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 04:56 PM
wanderlust

SwissAir

What is the latest on SwissAir? Any word on their new partnerships after reorganization? What does this do to our frequent flyer miles, with SwissAir and/or current partners?

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 05:01 PM
Leslie

On April 1, Swiss Air will be known as "Swiss", the new company that has emerged from the bankruptcy. Your Qualiflyer points are safe, and Swiss will remain a member of the Qualiflyer alliance.

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 06:18 AM
wanderlust

Thank you. So, if I understand correctly, this means very little change for consumers? Just the name? Mileage will pretty much continue status quo? Hopefully, maybe even some good promotional specials?! Thank you for the info.

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 07:29 AM
Leslie

You're not going to notice any difference except for the name change, as the gateways have already been reduced. All you can expect are bigger and better things, like expanding the routes again.

Also, right now, Swissair is having an awesome frequent flyer mile promotion through the end of March. For each leg of your trip, besides the regular frequent flyer miles you would normally accrue, Swissair is offering a tripling incentive. For example if you fly 5000 miles, you would get 15,000 bonus miles, or a total of 20,000 frequent flyer miles for only flying 5000 miles. Basically, this means that if you make a roundtrip flight across the pond from the east coast, you will accrue 56,000 miles for a 14,000 mile trip. That means that you could effectively get a free ticket by making 2 roundtrips.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 04:58 PM
Cal

I've never used Swissair but the above comments sound favorable. On Orbitz their fare for fall is by far the lowest, and about 1/2 that of UAL/LH. Should the bankruptcy issue be cause for concern?

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:15 PM
Leslie

No, the bankruptcy should not be a concern, because the airline will become a brand new company, with new financing, no carry-over debt, and a new balance sheet.

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 07:00 AM
anti-federalist

<<the bankruptcy should not be a concern, because the airline will become a brand new company, with new financing, no carry-over debt, and a new balance sheet.>>

Cool. Can I start a company like this?

Oh, I think you forgot something. No creditworthiness either. You get that from taxing your citizenry.

Great business to be in.