Sweden - Ice Hotel

Old Feb 23rd, 1999, 10:05 PM
Tracy

Sweden - Ice Hotel

I'll be spending 1 week travelling in Scandinavia (in March). We are bringing a car from England over on a ferry. The car is not 4wd and of course, the driver will be sitting on the right side. <BR> <BR>My question is... Is the "Ice Hotel" in Jukkasjarvi (near Kiruna) worth the trip? I realize that it will eat up a great deal of time geting to and from. Does anyone know exactly how much time it will take to get there (by car & by train)? And, if we decide to go, should we drive, or take a train....or does anyone know of cheap plane fares there? I would like to see more of Scandinavia than this one attraction. Any advice regarding the ice hotel or Scandinavia in general?

Old Mar 10th, 1999, 01:05 AM
Camilla

Hey ! <BR> <BR>If you will go to Jukkasjarvi i recommend you to go by train ! <BR>and if you will go to the north of Sweden you can rent a car were you stay ! <BR>I think if you will go to the north you can also visite some parts of Norway too ! <BR>Have a nice trip !

Old Mar 10th, 1999, 01:05 AM
Camilla

Hey ! <BR> <BR>If you will go to Jukkasjarvi i recommend you to go by train ! <BR>and if you will go to the north of Sweden you can rent a car were you stay ! <BR>I think if you will go to the north you can also visite some parts of Norway too ! <BR>Have a nice trip !

Old Mar 10th, 1999, 01:06 AM
Camilla

Old Mar 10th, 1999, 11:46 AM
sophia

Hi! If you mention which part of Sweden you will be starting from I could check out timetables and prices for traintrips and flights.