Surprise weekend in Paris

Old Jan 2nd, 2000, 08:53 AM
Larry

Surprise weekend in Paris

Am planning on taking my wife to Paris for a long weekend in March in celebration of 6 years of marriage. Am seeking suggestions on nice hotels in a moderate price range. Also, besides the typical tourist attraction, any other suggestions for things to do? <BR> <BR>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. <BR> <BR>Larry

Old Jan 2nd, 2000, 09:22 AM
Lori

Larry, <BR>You need to define moderate. What is moderate to one person may be frightfully expensive to another or vice versa. If you are talking in the $100-$150 range there are lots of hotels and in Paris that is about "moderate", altho in March you may get something a bit less as it is off season. If moderate is the Ritz then I have no clue!! We've used Best Westerns many times, they have a nice website and toll free numbers and most hotels have non-smoking rooms. They are NOT like BW's in the U.S., rather they are small independent hotels, many with lots of "charm". There are so many hotels in Paris it is had to recommend any one in particular. As for attractions, the Eiffel Tower at night is my favorite and I've been to Paris well over a dozen times. Go up at dusk and watch the lights come on all over Paris. It will be cold in March tho, so go dressed for cold weather. Also be prepared for rain.

Old Jan 2nd, 2000, 09:36 AM
s.fowler

I would recommend Hotel Bersoly's, 28 rue de Lille. I've posted on this before... it's romantic... the Renoir room looked nice.. we stayed in the Manet room... close to museums and the Seine not to mention shopping... plenty of good eats in the 'hood... etc.. Around $120 USD a night. I hope you have a wonderful time! <BR>Bersoly's website: http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75007bersolys2.htm

Old Jan 5th, 2000, 09:36 AM
elvira

Can't help with a hotel (we tend to do cheap and functional) but can give you some 'romantic' suggestions: <BR>1) Bateaux Mouches evening dinner cruise <BR>2) Ste Chapelle for a concert and the windows <BR>3) Musee d'Orsay <BR>4) Rodin Museum - the gardens won't be much to see, but the house/museum will be. Rodin loved women, and his sculptures reflect that. <BR>5) Balzac house (if they reopen it after the storms) <BR>6) Pere Lachaise: Simone Signoret and Yves Montand; Heloise and Abelard; Chopin, Edith Piaf for some of the most romantic of the permanent residents. <BR>7) Make sure you buy her a romantic souvenir: it could be a diamond pendant from Cartier, or tiny gold Eiffel Tower charm...something that, when she wears it, she'll smile secretly to herself.

Old Jan 5th, 2000, 01:21 PM
kim

Can you suggest to my husband that he does something like this?