Supermarkets in Rome

Search

Supermarkets in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2011, 01:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supermarkets in Rome

We will be arriving in Rome quite late and staying in an apartment in Via Babuino, Rome. I was wondering where the closest food store or supermarket might be , because the next morning we will need to stock up with a few food supplies for our stay. Any advice as to where to shop for the staples, fruit, cereals, milk, etc ? Thanks
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 01:43 AM

There is a supermarket inside the metro station atthe Spanish Stairs. I can't recall if it is at the bottom or the top of the escalators. It is quite large and should have anything you need
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 01:57 AM

Yes, the supermarket Avalon has written of is HUGE by Roman standards, and you'd enter the Spagna Metro station and continue as though you're going to via Veneto (I think this is the top of the escalators, Avalon). You do not have to get on the Metro, just walk through the station. You will come to an area that's like a hallway of shops, and the market is in there.

There's also a much smaller market on via Vittoria between via Mario de'Fiori and via Belsiana. It's set back a bit from the street but it is on via Vittoria. They most definitely would carry whatever you'd need for breakfast.

Buon Viaggio e Buon Appetito,
BC
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 06:43 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The Rome Tourism website lists 274 supermarkets in the center. Use the red advanced tab on the right to search for ones in your area.
http://www.060608.it/en/cultura-e-sv...centro-di-roma
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 02:26 AM

The Grocery store located north of the Spanish Steps metro station is a large GS/Carrefour. It is adjacent to the parking garage in an underground “shopping gallery.” You could walk to it from Via del Babuino but it would be a hike – and all uphill! There are escalators and stairs – follow the signage to Via Veneto from the Piazza Spagna metro station. This grocery store is probably more accessible heading down from the Via Veneto area then coming up from the Spanish Steps area… but it is LARGE!

Not sure WHERE on Via del Babuino you’re located, but there are a few grocery stores in the area. There will be many smaller shops you make find a few breakfast items in. According to their websites, there is a Punto SMA a few blocks away and also a di-per-di! grocery store closer to you.

For me, when I’m in this area, I walk to the Despar, located one block off of Via del Tritrone where Vias Poli intersects Via del Pozzetto and Via del Bufalo. It’s pretty large and has a good wine room downstairs.

You could go to the GS/Carrefour but it’s not a very pretty walk! If you click on the link below, it has a map of more than 300 “name-brand” grocery stores located inside the GRA. I’ll caution you that it takes about 30-45 seconds to load – the Google map has more than 350 entries! So punch it up, grab a cup of coffee… and you’ll get a good look at your options – Good Luck!

http://tinyurl.com/rome-grocery
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 03:46 PM

Anyone looking for the closest supermarket in Rome to their hotel should check out this link. It has a comprehensive list of supermarkets in each district with maps and addresses.

http://excusemewhereis.blogspot.com....20Supermarkets