Reload this Page >

Sunday in Florence

Search

Sunday in Florence

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 06:04 AM
KACE

Sunday in Florence

I am accompanying my husband on a business trip to Italy next week. Our only "free" day in Florence will be on a Sunday. Does anyone know if any of the musuems and other major tourist sites will be open. <BR> <BR>Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 10:31 PM
Leslie

I think the museums are typically open half day on Sunday. Sounds like a reservation for the Uffizi or Academia would be essential. Info. on how to reserve can be found on www.ricksteves.com.

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 04:39 AM
cindy

What about the the indoor/outdoor markets, stores and restaurants?? open on Sundays?

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 04:59 AM
elaine

website for buying advance tickets to museums in Florence (I recommend advance tickets for the Uffizi or the Accademia): www.waf.it/museires.htm <BR>Or call the Uffizi directly during their office hours, choose a time, leave your name, and they'll give you a 15-minute entry time window and a five-digit confirmation number. (In Italy, call 055-294-883. From the US, dial 011-39-55-294-883. Open Mon.-Fri. 8:30-18:30, Sat 9:00-12:00). At the Uffizi, walk past the long line to the special entrance for those with reservations, give <BR>your name and number, pay (cash only), and walk right in. <BR>www.uffizi.firenze.it Uffizi gallery <BR>www.museionline.com museums all over Italy <BR>www.italink.com/end/egui/hogui.htm Florence museums <BR>http://search.freefind.com/find.html...=ALL&query=map <BR> Florence museums, maps,etc <BR> <BR>A couple of the markets in Florence have <BR>one Sunday during each month when they are open. For more details, look at <BR>www.timeout.com/florence/serv/ <BR>markets.html <BR>www.tiac.net/users/pendini/markets.html <BR>www.ferien.li/langemanns/english/ <BR>toscana/florenz/aktiv/flomarkt.htm <BR>www.tuscany.net/tourist/tour3a.htm <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 07:36 AM
KACE

Thank you very much for the advice. I had not thought about the markets. We will have our 4-month old son with us, so a market should be fun.