Reload this Page >

Sumptuous prix fixe midday meals in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2001, 11:54 AM
Judy

What restaurant(s) would you select for that one memorable midday meal? We are considering Les Elysées, Le Bristol, Le Grand Véfour and L'Astor.

Old May 24th, 2001, 07:28 PM
Randall Smith

I like the Balzar or Chartier for lunch or le Toupary at La Sameritaine 5th floor (a wonderful view of the Seine). <BR> <BR>RJS <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 10:20 AM
Taylor

Judy - Randall suggestion of the Chartier is a good one but the restaurant is a different type than the ones you are consider. Chartier is crowded, typically french, boisterous almost and cheap. We enjoyed the experience but for a superb meal with atmosphere and service we went to the Tour d'Argent. I have not tried those you mentioned but I have wanted to got to Tour for 24 years and it lived up to my expectations. The prix fixe lunch menu for 380f included 3- courses with approx. 3 choices on each course and it included the house specialties which we opted for. Fabulous meal. Great view. We had the best table in the house - by the window facing Notre Dame. The Duck was good and although we bought the most expensive 1/2 bottle of wine I've ever had (a suggestion by the waiter) - it was a wonderful 1985 white which matched the waiter's description perfectly. The Tour d'Argent was a treat.

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 01:49 PM
BTilke

I would pick Les Ambassadeurs at the Hotel Crillon. Superb lunch menu and fits your requirement for sumptuous and memorable. <BR>BTilke

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 03:28 PM
anne

Friends had a wonderful time at Jules Verne and Le Grand Vefour recently. We went to Carre des Feuillants (? sp on last word) and it was magnificent. FYI, Bon Appetit just did about a 40 page spread on various restaurants in Paris, including recipes for some of the dishes.

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 03:55 PM
JOdy

So did GOURMET, check out either or both. I've planned our next trip around ours stomachs!!!