Search

Summer Vacation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Summer Vacation

As my graduation present my parents are sending me to live in Spain for the summer. I have to arrange everything but the problem is I have never been to Spain before. I would like to rent a small villa somewhere on the coast near the beach. Where should I look I want something not to crowded with tourist but I don’t want to be the only person from out of town either. I speak moderate Spanish. And as always cheaper is better I have been looking for a little and came up with Peniscola, Salobrena, or Marbella.
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 07:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
coor, summer in spain on the beach without tourists. Going to be tough. I think I'd aim for either the North coast or the coast up by Barcelona. Llanes is pretty good.

If you are just thinking south coast then advise now or I can give more information
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 07:11 AM

Most coastal towns in the areas you mentioned are pretty much resort areas. From Marbella to Salobrena you will find several areas with significant numbers of English speaking residents and tourists, while further up the E Coast is popular with other Europeans. In most cases, these towns will offer a melting of cultures both Spanish and those communities that like to vacation in that area.

If you want experience Spanish culture without the strong influence of tourism, you might be better off on the N Coast or even inland. In any event, our favorite coastal town is Nerja but if I wanted my child to learn about Spain, I would more likely send him/her to Granada or Toledo
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 08:02 AM

A summer in Spain would be a much better experience if diverse. I would split the time Northeast (Costa Brava) and South (Costa de la Luz; La Barrosa Beach); get an apartment-- use vrbo.com. Forget about Costa del Sol; that was 20 years ago...
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 08:46 AM

Costa De La Luz (less crowded than Costa Del Sol) or Northern Spain (less crowded than Costa De La Luz).
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 08:57 AM

Is this college grad? HS grad? what field? may help in giving yiu an even better answer for a enriching experience both personally and career-wise.