Suggestions required for 9 days in Europe

Notices

Old Feb 27th, 2018, 05:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone,

I am planning a 9 day trip to Europe, this would be my first trip. I am very keen on visiting Amsterdam -> Paris -> Switzerland. I do not want to go via London.
I need to know from you guys, how feasible is this trip? And is there anything I can add and it would be really great if you can list down some of the best places I can visit.
I will be travelling from Dublin during the second week on May, I would also need help planning the route. I am travelling with my cousin hence I am open to travelling late also.
Looking forward to all your suggestions.

Thanks,
Mrin
Old Feb 27th, 2018, 06:44 AM

You could do Amsterdam and Paris in 9 days, assuming it's actually 9 full days on the ground and you're not counting the traveling days. Switzerland is of course an entire country, so it would very much depend on where in Switzerland you want to go and what mode of transportation you'll be using. No matter what you choose to visit, it's likely to be smarter and easier to book open-jaw instead of round-trip air tickets.

There is no reason you can't plan the route yourself, once you know where you're going and how you'll be traveling. For "best places," well, that's entirely up to you. What's best for me could be detestable for you. That's what guidebooks and websites are for - to help you figure out what appeals to you and to answer all kinds of practical questions.
Old Feb 27th, 2018, 08:23 AM

Yeh concentrate on Paris and Amsterdam - Switzerland for a day or two just not enough time plus a day getting there.

Amsterdam 4 days

Take Thalys train to Paris (www.thalys.com)- do a day trip from each to see a different Europe - like Reims or Chartres or many from Paris andmaybe Keukenhof Gardens - only open during parts of April and May - Holland's national flower show but right in miles of tulip fields. www.keukenhof.com - easy day trip from Amsterdam. For lots of trains check www.seat61.com; BETS-European Rail Experts and www.ricksteves.com.
Old Feb 27th, 2018, 01:39 PM

If you want to do Switzerland too:

Fly to Amsterdam- 2 days
Train to Paris-4 days
Train to Switzerland - Interlaken area for easy access to awesome Alps.=3 days
Fly back to Eire from Zurich.

But travel time between them takes much of a day - so yes those three are possible if you really want to see all those places but not see very much of them.

Add 2-3 days and maybe.