Reload this Page >

Suggestions *Please* on the U.K.!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 1998, 09:37 PM
Sharion Austin

We will be arriving in England Sat, April 11th and will be staying in Cromer. Will be visiting for a week and would *so* appreciate suggestions on where we should go and what to see. We are renting a car for the week. We are bringing my parents (age 70+ & in good health) with us. Please help!!! Thanks so much.

Old Apr 8th, 1998, 12:17 AM
Fiona

I'm English but have no idea where Cromer is. If you give me a better idea of the area you'll be in and what interests you I try and think up some suggestions.

Old Apr 8th, 1998, 04:58 AM
Sharion

Cromer is approximately 23 miles NW of Norwich. We enjoy sightseeing, shopping, but I'm not sure what to concentrate on in just 7 days...nor how long it will take to reach certain areas, such as Stratford-Upon-Avon, or Edinburg. *Any* suggestions will be greatly appreciately. Thank you.
Sharion

Old Apr 8th, 1998, 06:19 AM
roger

Cromer is on the coast and it appears that it is somewhat isolated. Ely and Cambridge are nearby and should prove worth visiting. My guess is that it would be between a two or three hour drive to Stradford upon avon and about the same to Canterbury.

Old Apr 14th, 1998, 06:07 AM
Fiona

Sorry I'm not too familiar with the south east but if you are relying on public transport these sites have timetables so you can work out what's viable.
www.railtrack.co.uk (trains)
www.eurolines.co.uk (buses)