Easyjet handluggage

Search

Easyjet handluggage

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easyjet handluggage

Easyjet send out this mail, saying that if your handluggage is 50x40x20 cm you will definitely be allowed to take this on the plane. Guaranteed. Any larger, and they may take it away from you when boarding.

Well, that is just rubbish. After about 3/4 of passengers had boarded, they took all handluggage away, to be retrieved in the baggage hall after the flight, never mind the size.
I had made sure my luggage was below the 50x40x20 size, but could not take it on board.

If you want your handluggage with you, make sure you buy speedy boarding and board the plane first.
Old May 30th, 2013, 11:14 PM

If you read the website (and probably their e-mail), you will see that their new hand luggage policy starts on 2nd July. It is being introduced to prevent the situation you describe.
Old May 30th, 2013, 11:18 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes - that is the NEW policy -- hasn't been implemented yet.
Old May 30th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Original Poster

They did announce on the flight that small handluggage will always be accepted.

It will be interesting to see the boarding procedure after 2nd July then. Two 'cages' for checking the luggage? Two lines? It's already quite messy at the gate, with people trying to stuff their handbags into their one bag.
Old May 31st, 2013, 04:53 AM

My sister and I took Easyjet Milan to Amsterdam quite a few years ago. I thought my carry on was small enough, but at check in they told me it was too heavy and too big. So as there were a few things I did not want to go checked, I had to make some quick decisions. I had a plastic grocery bag in the carryon so I pulled it out and stuffed it with a change of underwear, my film and camera, and my purse. My sister was embarrassed by my "peasant" luggage and took off way ahead of me. At least Easyjet did nto charge me for the extra checked bag.