Suggestions for campgrounds

Apr 29th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Original Poster

Suggestions for campgrounds

Am looking for suggestions for campgrounds at Brussels, Amsterdam, Lake Titisee, Zurich, Innsbruck, Lucerne, Interlaken and Geneva.

I will be using a RV to navigate around and will be staying for a day or two. i am looking at www.eurocampings.co.uk but not sure if it is the recommended site to look at or not.

The following campsites are recommended on the above site and before I continue wanted your opinion whether to stick to this site for the rest or look elsewhere.

Brussels - Camping Grimbergen
Amsterdam - Campsite DroomPark Buitenhuizen

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Apr 29th, 2013, 11:51 PM

I have no experience of them but there are a couple more in Amsterdam - Camping Vliegenbos, on the Meeuwenlaan in Amsterdam, which is just across the river from Centraal station, so right in the city, just a ferry ride to the main part. www.Vliegenbos.com

Also there is camping Zeeburg, which is also in the city (bus tram or bike ride away and pretty convenient. www.campingzeeburg.nl
Apr 30th, 2013, 01:56 AM

Ditto for hetismij2's Amsterdam sites.

For some other places:
Innsbruck - Camping Kranebitten is nice, but out of the city centre a bit (there are public buses).
Luzern - if you want to stay in Luzern, then try Camping International Lido otherwise see below and travel back to Luzern by train.
Interlaken - I would suggest going a little further into "The Valley" and staying at Camping Jungfrau in Lauterbrunnen
Geneva - if you want to stay near the city of Geneva then try Club Satigny, otherwise lakeside go for TCS Pointe a la Bise or for Camping Hermance.
Apr 30th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

nice thanks much.. will look at these places as well!
Apr 30th, 2013, 11:53 PM
Original Poster

>>Luzern - if you want to stay in Luzern, then try Camping International Lido otherwise see below and travel back to Luzern by train.<<

The reason to stay in Lucerne was to be close to Mt. Titlis so that we could visit it early next day. Would this be appropriate or would you suggest something different?
May 1st, 2013, 12:37 AM

Luzern is fine as a base to visit Mt Titlis, you'll still either have to drive (around 1hr) or train it (45min to Engelberg station) to the cable car/gondola/spinning disco ball (you'll see what I mean). If you want to stay specifically close to Mt Titlis, then the Camping Eienwäldli Engelberg campgrounds will suit. But there's not a need to stay there as Luzern offers many other sightseeing options as a base and isn't that far from Mt Titlis.

Search this Thread