Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for an afforfable hotel (=150 Euros or under) in the Lake Como (Italy) area and in the Lake Lucerne (Switzerland) areas?

Search

Suggestions for an afforfable hotel (=150 Euros or under) in the Lake Como (Italy) area and in the Lake Lucerne (Switzerland) areas?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 07:06 AM
Sandra

Dear friends,<BR><BR>As my husband and I continue to plan a roadtrip from Germany to Northern Italy in May, we'd like to stop in Lake Lucerne and Lake Como overnight. Does anyone who's been there before have any suggestions/comments on hotels in those areas? I have received suggestions to stop in the towns of Waggis (Switzerland) and Menaggio (Italy). Any suggestions for hotels in those towns or any others in the general lakes area? Many many thanks in advance.

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 04:22 PM
ttt

to the top<BR>

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 04:30 PM
Wayne

Varenna is a favorite Lake Como spot of many of the travelers on this web site. My favorite hotel there is the Albergo Milano, a nice and reasonably priced hotel clinging to the steep lakeshore. My favorite hotel in the Lake Lucerne area is actually in Zug on the Zugersee, just a bit away from Lake Lucerne. It's called the Zugerhof, also very reasonably priced.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 01:18 PM
Mike

For Como, have a look at http://www.bellagiosilvio.com. This is a small hotel just outside Bellagio, right on the shore, near the ferry terminal. I only ate there, and the food was good, the view excellent. I think the prices are quite ridiculous - you could have two rooms!<BR><BR>I really think you should look to Bellagio or Varenna before Menaggio.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 05:04 PM
Jean

Try the Hotel Florence in Bellagio. We spent about $130 a night in October 1999. Very large room with large bath facing the lake. Very friendly and helpful staff. When in Bellagio, have dinner at the Bilacus. Reservations recommended; we made ours the same day.