Reload this Page >

Suggestions for a side trip from Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2000, 01:05 PM
Lelia

In past trips to Paris, I have taken only one-day trips outside (Reims/Epernay, Versailles). This time, I am looking for a nice 2-day trip -- early train from Paris one day, late train back the next. Time late September. Any suggestions. (Looking not so much for a grand tourist spot as a place that made you feel good.)

Old Jan 5th, 2000, 06:26 PM
Maira

Definitely, the Normandy Region, specifically the D-Day beaches. If you can fit in Mount St. Michel, the better. Plenty of postings with details on how to do this from Paris on an overnight.

Old Jan 5th, 2000, 07:17 PM
Donna

Giverny, Mont St-Michel, St-Germain-en-Laye.

Old Jan 5th, 2000, 09:19 PM
Rex

More Normandy: Deauville/Honfleur

Old Jan 6th, 2000, 02:21 AM
francesca

beaune or dijon and the neighboring wine villages.

Old Jan 6th, 2000, 04:49 AM
Lori

Brugges and Knock Heist(sp)

Old Jan 6th, 2000, 04:52 AM
elvira

Ditto on Normandy: Mont St Michel, D-Day beaches, the beautiful coast (biggest dang milk cows I've ever seen in my life) <BR>Lyon: TGV gets you there before you leave Paris (time warp thing). It's the gastronomical capital of France - kind of its 'Second City' <BR>Loire Valley: TGV, once again. You can visit a couple of chateaux as well as drink the very good wines. <BR>Brussels/Brugges: see the capital of Europe! see medieval buildings! see bowls of mussels! see a little boy urinating!