Reload this Page >

Suggested Itin for a week in Spain

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 09:10 AM
Beverly

We'll be making our 1st visit to Spain this December and need suggestions for a do-able itinerary. Mallorca looks interesting (good golf, it looks like), but is that too agressive for a 1-week trip (we're flying in and out of Madrid). Other suggestions most welcome (we would like to golf).

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 09:33 AM
Davidx

I reckon that you will have no difficulty in finding golf courses in any area where the climate is right for December tourism. This definition does ont really cover Madrid hwich will be cold to very cold. Maiorca would be one of the possibles but only by air. I would suggest either somewhere around Barcelona, a top European city or Andalucia (Southern Spain) with its splendid Moorish remains. I can send you some folders on either or both if you are interested - probably best to e-mail me and then I can attach them in a reply. It would seem a pity to me to move off the mainland on your first visit to Spain.

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 02:20 AM
Pedro

Mallorca, Alicante, Malaga, Sevilla or Jerez areas provide relatively warm weather ( specially the last four ones ) and golf course facilities as well as good lodging chances. If you like also to visit some museums, monuments, eating out, etc, my vote would be for Sevilla/Jerez.

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 07:33 AM
nikkit

Both Mallorca and Andalucia would be good. I know both very well and in particular Mallorca where I have spent every Christmas for the last 20 years. If you would like some ideas for lovely small hotels in both regions you might want to look at our detailed reviews and photos on www.i-escape.com.

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 11:45 AM
Alan

I agree with Andalusia in December, shirt sleeve weather along the coast, skiing in the Sierra Nevada Range, Granada cool, but the crowds are gone and La Alhambra is one of the best attractions. Sevilla warmer and lots to see. Lots of hotels along the Mediterranean from Malaga to Gibraltar. Excellent freeways will get you from Marbella to Granada in 2-2.5 hours and Sevilla in about 3. (just my experience in January of last year). I wouldn't try to do much else in a week. Oops, I forgot Ronda, Interesting drive, and gorge, and Roman Aqueduct ruins northeast of town.

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 05:05 PM
lisa

Great golf in Costa del Sol. Our hotel (Las Dunas in Estepona) had a list of 30 some courses for which we could get tee times, including Valderama (sp?). We followed up our stay in Costa del Sol with visits to Ronda, Granada, Cordoba and Seville. 2 out of 3 would be a nice itinerary.