Stylish and Comfortable Shoes

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2003, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know of a good web site or mail order to find comfortable, but not ugly, shoes? I'm going to be in Germany in late December and have been totally unable to find a good pair of boots. I live in S.California and all the boots here are more for red carpets than cobblestones. On the other hand I'm looking for boots that don't look out of place in a restaurant or museum.
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 03:10 PM

Look at the Ecco boots on www.shoes.com.

Susan
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 03:22 PM
JPK

Hi Lara, I'm also going to Germany in late December, and I just received a pair of boots that I bought at www.ae.com they are very confortable and warm, it was a great deal (Reissue Hiker).
Good Luck!
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 03:47 PM

Hi Lara, in So Cal go to DSW - Designer Shoe Warehouse. There are a number of them around and have every kind of shoe you can imagine including European manufacturers.
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 03:58 PM

Try The Walking Co. I'm a particular fan of ECCO shoes - made a huge difference on my feet and back.
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 04:27 PM

If you want a great deal on comfortable shoes, go to the Clarks outlet at the Camarillo Outlet Mall. The prices are great and they have a good selection!
If you have a AAA card, go to the Management office first. They will give you a coupon folder which gives you an extra 15% off at the Clarks store. I just bought three pairs of shoes there and everyone at work wants to go with me to the outlet to get some!
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 04:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
www.eggellershoes.com
for dress the thierry and rose..
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 06:24 PM

I've found that Aerosoles are great no matter what your plans are - they are incredibly soft and comfy.
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 12:04 PM

Hi
If you do a search here on shoes (use the little text box above) you'll find endless recommendations for many brands, from dept store brands like Easy Spirits to imported German brands and everything in between. You have to go to a good shoe store like the Walking Company, devote an hour to this, and try on all the different brands and styles. Do the same in a department store. Buy the pair that feels absolutely comfortable from the get-go--don't consider that they'll feel better after you break them in.

I'm a Mephistos fan, but that's not to say it's the best brand for YOUR feet.
And Easy Spirits don't work for me, wish they did.
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 07:08 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
The Walking Co. is a good suggestion if you can find one near you, they carry Ecco brand which I've had fine luck with. Also recently bought a pair that would be perfect at Bon-Macy by Liz Claiborne called "Lizflex", short black with a zipper soft leather and thick rubber type sole with a bit of a raised heel. Dressy but comfortable. I would persevere in your shopping efforts, personally I could never buy shoes mail order as I try on a dozen in the store to get the right one.
Old Nov 2nd, 2003, 08:19 AM

I know it is unwise to travel in new shoes, so buy a pair before your trip then when you're in Germany shop. I bought the most fabulous(looks and comfort) pair of Reiker in Europe. Very European "look". My hubby bought a pair of lace up leather walking shoes that he now lives in. They were no pricier than good shoes bought at home.