Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Student going to LBS this fall and needs help with accomodation!

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2002, 01:50 AM
Hazel

Hi<BR><BR>Not quite travel but can't think of a better place to ask these questions than this forum. <BR><BR>Was just wondering if anybody knows of any good hostels/ accomodation near LBS. I'm contemplating the International STudent House along Great Portland STreet or Lillan Penson Hall. Appreciate comments from anybody who has stayed there in terms of quality and proximity to grocery and convenience stores. Please mention any negative points as well.<BR><BR>Also, if anyone happens to have a studio or a one bedroom near LBS which they would like to rent to a non-smoking graduate student who is very clean and neat, please email me to the address above!<BR><BR>Thanks and sorry for not adhering to purely travel topics <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old May 11th, 2002, 06:11 AM
Carol

Try TBH or CCV. They've been recommended highly by the SHG, and you know how highly rated that publication is by the ISA, now don't you. Of course the NSC may not agree, but who cares what they think.<BR><BR><BR>

Old May 11th, 2002, 06:24 AM
Hazel

Thanks Carol but I'm afraid I don't quite understand all the acronyms. Could you please spell it out in full?<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old May 11th, 2002, 07:00 AM
vic

Hi,<BR><BR>I used to work at LBS (two years ago) but I remember the student office did help on questions regarding accommodation. There used to be a lot of student ads. Do you already have an LBS student e-mail account, can you send an ad to students to seek help. I remembered that students shared apartments off the Baker street area towards Great Portland. Can you check with them. By the way Great Portland and Lilian Penson Hall are fine, most students use this facility - not far from central London, theatres etc, grocery, etc. Remember because it is centrally located it is cheaper for London public transporatation, which is very expensive. I hope this helps.

Old May 11th, 2002, 07:53 AM
helping you

I believe Hazel is referring to London Business School. Yes?

Old May 11th, 2002, 11:59 AM
John H

Hazel,<BR><BR>I notice that you have a Singapore e-mail. A friend of mine from (and now living in) Singapore gradated from LBS a few years ago. If you would like, I can pass your e-mail address on to him and see if he can be of help as regards accommodation. Let me know if you'd like me to do so.<BR><BR>Congratulations on your acceptance. It's a great school and Laura Tyson will only make it better. (I went to Haas).<BR><BR>John H

Old May 11th, 2002, 08:05 PM
Hazel

Dear all<BR><BR>Thanks to all of you for your input. <BR><BR>Helping you, yes, it's London Business School. Sorry for not spelling out in full.<BR><BR>John, yes, please forward my address to my friend in Singapore. It would be most useful. Thanks!<BR><BR>