Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Strike of Italian air-traffic controllers on Ma 13 - is it really a disaster for travellers?

Search

Strike of Italian air-traffic controllers on Ma 13 - is it really a disaster for travellers?

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2002, 11:10 AM
viktor

Anybody has fresh experience/knowledge about the air-traffic controllers strike that happened just yesterday - May 13 2002? How is it now - for you or somebody you know? They stopped working for just 4 hours - has this created a true disruption?<BR><BR>Any info is precious for us who is going to travel later in May - June.<BR><BR>Thank you!

Old May 14th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Nancy

I'm very interested in the effect of this 4 hour strike. Family members are due to fly into Rome on June 4, when another "4 hour strike" has been predicted. Does anyone know if they "stack" flights during the strike, or if your flight is due to arrive in Rome just after the announced hours, is it apt to arrive on time? Based on yesterday's strike, maybe someone will have information on what to expect. Thanks.

Old May 14th, 2002, 04:00 PM
Diane

I'm trying to get info as well, except mine is regarding the train strike scheduled for this weekend. I was planning on taking the train this Sunday, May 19 from Rome to Chiusi to start a bike tour -- any suggestions?

Old May 14th, 2002, 06:14 PM
Sherry

Just flew in from Rome on May 13th. We found out after we took off that there was to be a strike. We left at 11:15 and I understand it began at 1:30. But we got out fine.

Old May 15th, 2002, 06:35 AM
aaa

ttt