Strasbourg Bistro for Lunch

Apr 7th, 2018, 02:09 AM
Original Poster

Strasbourg Bistro for Lunch

We will be in Strasbourg for several days next month and I have begun my research for restaurants and bistros. It has been 2 years since our last stay and one of our favorite wine bistros is now closed, much to our disappointment. We had the most amazing lunch there last trip and enjoyed a unique preparation of carpaccio as well as great oysters. My husband enjoyed the featured daily recommendation of veau a la creme. It was an intimate and casual atmosphere tucked away from the main streets and filled with regulars. A true find and the owners were very kind to let us in even though we arrived right at 2 when they were closing.
We are seeking a bistro/wine pub for lunch that offers modern French cuisine as well as some traditional dishes. Prefer casual/rustic with an eclectic ambiance and great wine list.

Any recommendations are appreciated as well as dinner recommendations that highlight Alsace cuisine. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by kfusto; Apr 7th, 2018 at 02:15 AM.
Apr 7th, 2018, 03:36 AM

Le Mun's at 4 rue Thiergarten is a nice place if you like dishes using stinky Munster cheese. Quite cheap. Le Muns | Les tables du Munster ? Restaurant ? Strasbourg It's just up the street from the train station at the corner of rue Kuhn. Speaking of which, you might also want to try Le Kuhn. Restaurant Le Kuhn
Apr 7th, 2018, 03:42 AM

It's been a few years since I was last in Strasbourg, but I used to go often and always ate at Zuem Strissel, 5 Place de la Grande Boucherie, a classic wine bar.
Apr 7th, 2018, 05:14 AM

We were in Strasbourg 2014 and had a wonderful lunch at Le Gavroche. My husband always says this is the best foie gras de canard cuit au torchon, brioche dorée he has ever eaten. That says alot after eating foie gras every meal in Dorgogne. Truly a wonderful afternoon lunch!
Apr 7th, 2018, 05:32 AM

Another vote for Strissel. Also, on my last trip I ate twice at a little place called La Cloche a Fromage, which did fondue for one and had a cheese display that wouldn't disgrace a shop.
Apr 7th, 2018, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

Strissel looks perfect and I just requested a reservation. Thank you!