Strange Bed Fellows

Apr 6th, 2002, 06:59 PM
Just wondering

Strange Bed Fellows

Once on a flight home from Chicago, my husband who was very tired feel asleep only to be woken up by a little fellow seated behind him.

Jim has a small/large (he said, she said) bald spot on the top of his head and it seemed to have attracted some attention on this particular flight. There was a little boy setting behind Jim, who started tapping my husband on the head saying, "No hair, no hair, no hair..."

Jim told me about this when he got home and we both laughed about it, as it was sort of amusing. By the way, Jim was able to go back to sleep when "little Tommy's" mom apolized and found something else to entertain her son.

I thought it would be interesting to hear about other funny or unusual setting partners from fellow travelers out here.

Apr 7th, 2002, 07:59 AM
No fish story here

On a long flight to Hawaii, the couple seated in front of me decided to pass the time by playing a hand-held electronic game.

Every few minutes there would be this dramatic lurch of the seat in front of me. This action jarred several seats on either side of the couple, plus scared the heck out of all of us in the row behind them.

Finally, a woman a few seats over from me tapped the wife of the couple on the shoulder and asked if she was alright. The wife explained that they were playing a fishing game, and inorder to score points one must demonstrate the actions of deep sea fishing. The concerned woman said, "Oh thank goodness, I thought you were having seizures!"

Thankfully, the couple took this suttle hint and ended their game. The rest of the flight to Hawaii was peaceful. Just goes to show you, that even adults are sometimes unaware of their impact on other passengers.

Apr 7th, 2002, 12:26 PM
Anni

We we also on our way to Hawaii a few years ago. There weren't a lot of people on the flight so we had the whole five seats in our row to ourselves. My husband and I were enjoying the trip, talking, drinking some wine and playing cards when this lady walked past, stopped and asked if she could set and talk awhile. At first it was interesting talking to someone we didn't know and thought she would just stay for a couple of minutes.

She ended up setting with us for over an hour. She wouldn't leave, she just kept talking and talking. She told us her whole life story and kept ordering drink after drink. My husband finally feel asleep. Before she left she wrote down her address in Los Angeles and asked us to stop by on the way home and stay over night????

Of course we didn't, we were so relieved that she finally got up and went back to her own seat.

Apr 7th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Topper

TTT

Apr 7th, 2002, 09:06 PM
Louise

On our flight back from Paris last year, a married couple got into a fist fight! It was quite extraordinary, really, they just were arguing, it escalated and escalated and then they were attacking each other!! The flight attendents were no where to be found, (sleeping, skulking in the galley drinking gin?) so passengers tried to break them up.

It probably would be less amusing post 9/11.

Apr 8th, 2002, 08:13 PM
fran

What a rude ill manered boy.His parents should bring him up better