Search

Storing Luggage at Termini (Rome)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2006, 06:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Storing Luggage at Termini (Rome)

Does anyone know:

1) The cost to store luggage for a day (actually 8 hours)

2) Where in Termini is luggage stored and how does the process work?
Old Jul 19th, 2006, 06:41 AM

The charge is the same at all Italian stations and will be of the order of 5 euros for eight hours, per item.
In Roma Termini, the left luggage office is on the left hand side of the station as you come off the platforms. It'll be signposted as "Deposito bagagli". There will be a queue of people with luggage to deposit (separate from the queue of people collecting luggage). You will need to have your passport ready (they photocopy it) and pay for the first six hours. When you collect your luggage, you pay any excess.
Old Jul 19th, 2006, 06:42 AM

HG - You can find details on:

http://www.romatermini.it/pagine.cfm..._3&lang=en

The queue can be quite long

Hope this helps ...

Steve

Old Jul 19th, 2006, 06:49 AM

Yes quite long - leave lots of time to retreive your bags before your train or whatever.
Old Jul 19th, 2006, 11:31 AM

A sign and elevator *alongside* Track 24 takes you downstairs to 'left luggage' which might be the easiest way to find it.

There are 2 other luggage storage options just outside of Termini that are cheaper with no lines.

I snipped this from a past post of mine.

uggage Storage (Deposito Bagagli) is signposted. Be warned though the line esp in the morning can be long and slow moving, I'd say ~100 people lined-up ~0930 in May'06. A person's website mentioned waiting 2hrs in Oct'05. All left luggage is X-rayed.

There are NO self-service luggage lockers in Italy since Sept'01.  

Melissa (Nicolas Inn) mentioned this option on the Frommer's messageboard and I checked it out. There is a laundromat that provides luggage storage for 2e on the northside of Termini.   It's on Via Milazzo #20 just after the cross-street Via dei Mille. There is a yellow laundromat sign hanging over it easy to see from down the block and it's called 'Bolle Blu', in the window is a sign saying '2euro Deposit Baggages Open 0800-2200'.

She also posted that this place also has luggage storage and another poster said that they had used it; "Navigator Internet Cafe on Via Marghera between Via Marsala and Via Magenta". Regards, Walter