Reload this Page >

Storage at Frankfurt Germany Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 04:54 AM
Hal

Hello Everyone:<BR>Thanks so much to all who previously gave me some answers about hotels near airport and info about Frankfurt in general.<BR><BR>In looking at the sites suggested for the airport, one thing that was absent was any mention of daily storage facilities for carry on luggage.<BR><BR>Since I am to have a 12 hour layover on the first leg of my trip, obviously any 'walking around in Frankfurt' will require that I store my carry on luggage somewhere.<BR><BR>So my newest question is: "Are there such places at the airport in Frankfurt?"<BR><BR>In thinking about my travels in USA, I don't recall seeing such, but I was actually never looking for them. But, I hope all airports have such.<BR><BR>Thanks for any info you can provide.

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 05:20 AM
sam

Baggage Storage Facilities:<BR>Baggage can be stored in Terminal 1, Arrivals Level, Hall B and in Terminal 2, Arrivals Level, Hall D (open 6:00 AM-10:00 PM). Charges: up to 6 hours DM 4 per piece, up to 24 hours DM 5 per piece; each additional day DM 5 per piece. Bulky luggage over 35 kg is charged double.<BR>•

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 08:38 AM
Philip

The first time I ever flew into Frankfurt Airport I had to laugh. It was very easy to find the X rated movie theater but more difficult to find the baggage storage.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:53 AM
Hal

Sam, thanks so much for your helpful info. It seems to fit the bill exactly. And, Philip, thanks for your bit of humor also. So, Philip, should I keep my raincoat out of storage and take it with me to the movie?

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 02:28 AM
Gan

Why not just check-in your baggae to final destination from your initial. I believe it should work.Pls check with your airline.<BR><BR>Good luck.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 10:59 AM
Philip

Hal, just keep a pair of dark glasses with you so that you won't be recognized. You can follow all the men in suits straight to the Blau Kino.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 07:03 PM
Hal

To Gan: I was concerned about my carry on luggage. Obviously if I didn't need to 'carry on' then I could check everything through. However, I can't believe that any experienced traveler checks everything through. In that event, when your checked luggage is lost, you haven't even a toothbrush and shaver.<BR><BR>To Philip: OK, I haven't been to such a place in a 100 years, but I might see where all the guys are going.<BR><BR>Hal