Reload this Page >

Stellarossa: we're still alive!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 05:30 PM
Tony Hughes

Hi all <BR> <BR>We've made it through the Midwest, South, Deep south and Mid south as well as any other number of variations I've seen on tv. <BR> <BR>Tammy: my flight was mega-late and I slept in until the next afternoon - sorry we couldn't make it. <BR> <BR>Our next stop is The West - cool! <BR> <BR>later <BR> <BR>Tony & Emily

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 05:48 PM
SharonM

Hi Guys! <BR> <BR>Glad to know you're safely on your tour. Keep in touch when you get a moment here and there! I'd love to here about your (very present) adventures!!! <BR> <BR>(or do we have to wait for the book???) <BR> <BR>Happy Trails! <BR> <BR>Sharon

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 10:59 PM
Jan

Hi, Glad all is going well,pass on my best wishes to our mutual friends in Scottsdale when you get there. BTW in case you didn't know the Test Series is now squared in Sri Lanka, so it all hinges on the last game! <BR>

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 11:20 PM
x

You're such a ridiculous bigot Tony. Don't think we have forgotten your thread on blacks in Long Beach. Keep your neanderthal mutterings to yourself.

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 06:51 PM
cp

Yo Tones <BR> <BR>Just cruising for Italy info. <BR>Thought I'd say hi. See you in two weeks in the B. A. <BR> <BR>Hi Emily. <BR> <BR>-cp-

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 04:31 AM
Tammy

Tony and Emily, <BR> <BR>No problem! We had a great time and you guys were missed. Have a great time traveling around. <BR> <BR>Tammy <BR>

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 04:50 AM
Maira

Hi Tony & Emily! Hope you are having fun. Enjoy the west! See you guys in May! <BR> <BR>Emily: Did you get the directions I snail-mail you?

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 05:37 AM
Dr. Betty

Tony and Emily, <BR>When are you coming to Colorado? You must come tour my office... it's entirely outdoors with great views. I'd even consider giving the two of you some free indoor couch time at which point you could expound upon any frustrations you have encountered in your travels. If you're really bad off I could refer you to a real doctor, but hopefully that won't be needed. I also must prepare you for the raging fodorholics that you will be meeting up with in California. <BR>God Bless, <BR>Dr. Betty

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 07:04 PM
Tony Hughes

Ok first things first: <BR>We made it out of Kansas (via The Land of Oz), through Oklahoma and Texas and into New Mexico. Santa Fe was just too cool for words, Taos was ok. Almost caught in a whiteout in the wretched Kit Carson National Forest but made it to Durango, CO - about as nice a place as one can imagine. From there we went to Monument Valley and then to Sedona via the Grand Canyon. Had a wonderful lunch with Al and Ruth in Sedona today. Superb views. <BR> <BR>We left Sedona and made for Scottsdale staying with our friends where we are now. <BR> <BR>Jan - will email you later. <BR>CP - c ya soon, hon. <BR>Maira - Emily got them, forgot to email you to say thanks, see you soon too. <BR>Betty - we've been and gone, perhaps another time, yeah? <BR> <BR>later

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 07:12 PM
becca

Hi Tony~ <BR>Good to know that you are doing well and enjoying our country! <BR> <BR>Did you get that photo I sent you? I know the first time it didn't work, but I hope you got the second one! <BR> <BR>See you in April! <BR>Becca

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 08:31 PM
Art

Tony and Emily, will you make it to So Cal this weekend. We've got about 16 fodorites gathering and I've got clean sheets for you. <BR>Art <BR>

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 09:38 AM
Tony Hughes

Becky - great pic, thanks. <BR> <BR>Art, we'll be there!! <BR> <BR>We were in Mexico yesterday. Hmm.

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 01:14 PM
Nosey Carol

Dear Tony (or anyone else who feels like answering), <BR> <BR>I can see that you're well loved by many and hated by a few (therefore you must not be boring), and that arouses my curiosity. But I guess you must've been a more active poster before I started snooping here regularly. If I'm curious and willing to search, what key words should I search to read threads that you've posted on a lot and find out for myself why you're viewed as such a "character" here?

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 02:27 PM
can-be-an-a_sho_e

Nosey Carol: <BR> <BR>Can't think of one off the top of my head, but Tony is one of the regulars who is best described as a 'colorful' character --- doesn't pull any punches. Is very direct & forthright in his commentary. A guy in his late twenties (???) I think & comes from Scotland. Quite frequently he ticks people off & although I often find him boorish, I also delight in his honesty & frank talk. Overall I'd have to say 'the Stellarossa' adds zest to the forum.

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 03:41 PM
wes fowler

Nosey Carol, <BR>Tony is one of Fodors' resident treasures. At one time or another he has identified himself as an ex-soccer player for the Bulgarian national soccer team (thus Stellarossa), employed as a roads and transport engineer, raging Scottish nationalist, (don't ever say you're going to spend two weeks in England and visit London and Edinburg; he'll soon set you straight on the fact that you'll be visiting two nations, not England. Extremely helpful in responding to queries about Great Britain. Droll in his responses, extremely perceptive in reading between the lines and to me a thorough delight to encounter. Can't begin to direct you to any threads he's contributed to, they're many and varied in subject matter. You might do a search on Scotland, particularly Edinburg.

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 04:14 PM
just-a-fantasy

Whenever I read a 'Stellarossa' post, I hear a voice that sounds like Sean Connery's --- tell me Tony, do you have that wonderful accent ??? And if not, don't crush my fantasy . . .

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 05:35 PM
Judy

Yes, and I want to hear your trip report, Tony and Emily! <BR>Go Scotland: Go Tony & Em. <BR>Judy Mexico, hmmmm? Just curious!

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 07:40 PM
Art

I just got off of the phone with Emily. They are in Palm Springs tonight and will be arriving at my home for the So Cal Fodorite GTG mid day tomorrow. She said that they are having a great time. <BR>

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 08:52 PM
Dr. Betty

I am totally crushed that you did not come to Denver, the center of civilization as we know it in Colorado. Why, that is like going to Scotland and not visiting Edinburgh. When will you be back to Scotland? Me and my husband, otherwise known as Hans and Gretl Freiloada, will be going that way soon and were looking for a little hospitality. I've heard of one called Ben Haines who always welcomes fodorites to Europe. Will he be there to welcome us when we disembark the plane if you and Emily are not back yet? Oh dear, this is one contingency I haven't planned for. But please, enjoy yourselves in Californ-eye-aye and we'll muddle through Scotland the best we can. At least Sheila is there and she can help us out. Bless her soul! <BR>Dr. Betty

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 03:00 AM
Cathy

Dr Betty, <BR> <BR>Are you planning to sample the Guinness in Ireland ? It provides an excellent insight in your innerself - especially afetr 6 or 7 pints, <BR> <BR>Cathy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -