Reload this Page >

Stellarossa has decided to return to the forum

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 07:04 AM
Tony Hughes

Yes, that's correct. After some deliberating I have decided that the time is right for me to return. You may moan, you may sigh but I feel I have something to add to this forum ~ <BR> <BR>regards

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 07:06 AM
cp

Woo-hoo! Yer back. Yippee!

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 07:42 AM
dan woodlief

Wilkommen Tony. It has been interesting while you were away.

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 07:56 AM
pam

Thank you, THANK YOU, for again gracing us with your presence.

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 07:59 AM
Neal Sanders

A contributor named Stellarossa <BR>One day became kind of crossa <BR>This forum he swore off <BR>He turned his loud roar off <BR>But now he's returned and he's bossa. <BR> <BR>Welcome back, Mr. Hughes. <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 09:18 AM
Kimberley

Welcome home Tony! We missed you. <BR>P.S. Neal, great job

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 10:46 AM
Al

We cheer the return of Sir Hughes; <BR>Indeed, that's really good news! <BR>He may be a grump, <BR>He gives you a lump, <BR>But what have we got to lose? <BR> <BR>He's been from Basra to Vigo, <BR>He knows all the places that we go; <BR>He spits out the facts <BR>And never retracts, <BR>That's part of his enormous ego.

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 11:12 AM
Ginny

Tony - welcome back! I went through the same thing for a couple of weeks. I just got tired of the negative diatribes... but, happily I came back and yes, I admit it, I am hooked. Travel on!

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 12:48 PM
Tony Hughes

CP - please email me , my emails don't seem to be getting through to you. <BR> <BR>Thanks cp, Dan, Pam, Neal, Kim, Al, Ginny et al ... <BR> <BR>I have been in Italy (Bellagio) and Switzerland (St Moritz) for the last week and have been without both tv and pc. It certainly makes you think.

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 01:02 PM
Cheryl Z.

<BR>Tony, we've missed you, <BR>but we've had some fun. <BR> <BR>Welcome back and don't <BR>off again run. <BR> <BR>We've cleaned up our act, <BR>we've all made a pact, <BR> <BR>and now you too <BR>can add to our puns! <BR> <BR>By the way Tony, is it possible you can pick me up during my one hour layover in Glasgow on my way to my whirlwind "See All of Italy by Midnight" one day tour so I can see the sights in <BR>Scotland while I'm there. I'd like to throw in a little bit of Ireland too if possible. And please let me know soon, I leave in two hours after I spray paint my white sneakers black. <BR>(gad, I hope you've been reading that wonderful Martha's DDPM thread!

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 01:57 PM
Lydia

Indeed, Mr Hughes - glad you're back!

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 01:58 PM
Lydia

Indeed, Mr Hughes - glad you're back!

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 02:24 PM
Bly

Tony - glad you're back! When do you begin your US tour? b <BR>

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 02:27 PM
Walter

<BR>Welcome Back Realist, Regards, Walter

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 03:55 PM
Mary

Welcome back, Tony!

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 04:28 PM
Emily

Welcome back-I've missed you! <BR>Emily

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 09:06 PM
D.B.

Deliberation huh? He ran low on money, and his addiction began taking over -- <BR>can't cold-turkey Fodors. <BR> <BR>Mr. Hughes hid in Dylan's shoes, wearing his disguise. But it's, all right now... <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 25th, 1999, 04:35 AM
Sheila

<BR>Nice to have yu back again. Where's Edinburgh anyway? <BR> <BR>How was your real holiday?

Old Jun 25th, 1999, 05:34 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Good to have you back. <BR> <BR>Is "Edinburgh" really pronounced "Edinburough"? If so, why?

Old Jun 25th, 1999, 06:02 AM
Tony Hughes

I am of the opinion that you can pronounce a certain name anyway you like - I don't mean pronouncing carrot with an x or whatever but in general it's not that important. I believe America had a problem with the pronounciation of 'croissant' so you renamed it crossandwich. <BR> <BR>I tend to hear Americans calling it Edinboro, largely because of the way language has developed in your country since the late 1700's. With a few exceptions (Pittsburgh) most of your towns dropped the 'h' at the end. Edinburgh has done no such thing so it is correct to say Edin-burra although I will accept Edinbra or, indeed, Enbra (I never reject anything with a bra!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -