Reload this Page >

stellarosa--why repeat this?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 03:28 AM
jim

why do i keep seeing this same message about your "return" every day when i sign on to this site? it's getting a little old...

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 03:38 AM
Tony Hughes

Um...read it and you will see. <BR> <BR>BTW thanks for the publicity <BR> <BR>regards

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 05:36 AM
Valerie

It's all in fun, that's all. A switch from the regular questions. We have fun teasing Tony the Scotsman. Maybe if you get a little contanqerous (sp) Jim, we'll write up something like "Where in the world is Pavlock"?

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 06:29 AM
dan woodlief

Valerie, you say Tony is from Scotland? I never would have known. Good luck on the job search.

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 11:07 AM
Valerie

Lighten up Dan. I repeat it's all in fun. Don't be mean. By the way I own my own CPA firm so I have a job. What is your excuse? ( joking-just had to throw that back to you!)

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 12:53 PM
Tony Hughes

Valerie... <BR> <BR>what does CPA mean and can I have a job? (is it computers??) <BR> <BR>regards

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 01:07 PM
dan woodlief

I meant Tony's job search. I have no excuses for my behavior. If sometimes I seem odd, then maybe... And actually Valerie, Tony has not been so cantankerous since returning from vacation.

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 01:38 PM
anony mous

You mean there is something Tony does/did not know? Yikes. Are we in a decline? Worldwide depression may be next. England might adopt the Euro. <BR>CPA stands for Certified Public Accountant; the English have a Chartered Public Accountant that is similar if not fully analogous. I cannot speak for the English side, but earning a CPA in my state requires extensive preparation, usually at the college level, and the passing of a tough exam. CPA's usually have high ethical standards as well as high professional standards. And a good one is very valuable, particularly at income tax time.

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 01:43 PM
April

Well, Jim, it's not Stellarosa's doing. The message just pops up to the top every time someone responds to it. <BR>

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 02:23 PM
Tony Hughes

Yep, some stuff I still don't know. <BR> <BR>so thanks Anony (Mickey?) Mous. Oh I don't know about the English side either...I'm not English and I don't live there. <BR> <BR>I think I'll become a CPA, though..it can't be that hard can it. Surely If I do some cramming beforehand I can fit the revision into a semester?

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 07:44 PM
D.B.

Tony; if you are serious about job hunting, try this: <BR> <BR>http://usa.siemens.com/opportunities...ortunities.htm <BR> <BR>or this <BR> <BR>http://www.careermosaic.com/ <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 07:52 PM
Nuffsed

And all this time I though CPA was an acronym for Cantankerous, Persnickety, and Anal-retentive! Gosh, travel truly is a broadening experience!

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 08:33 PM
erom

I am really tired of Tony and all this stuff. Do I really care if he's RETURNED? What an incredible ego! Why don't you return to whatever rock you've been hiding under lately and leave us alone? It was more pleasant without you.

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 08:35 PM
Ralph

Gee, I was bloody thrilled when you announced your departure! No loss at all...

Old Jul 1st, 1999, 01:22 AM
Tony Hughes

It always rather amuses me when I come under a personal attack. <BR> <BR>Erom I notice you refer to 'us' rather than yourself ~ like everyone else on this forum thinks the way you do. By all means criticise me ...but not the 'under the rock' stuff...that's plain silly. <BR> <BR>Am I to understand that you would like this forum to be used only by un-opinionated, faceless drones? <BR> <BR>See I can agrue with the likes of Sally Fowler, Bob Brown, Neal Sanders et al..but none them resort to petty name calling. <BR> <BR>I have to assume you posted to get attention ? <BR> <BR>Oh by the way, I also have to assume it was either you or Ralph that Java-bombed my email address last night. How very clever of you. <BR> <BR>regards

Old Jul 1st, 1999, 04:15 AM
Valerie

Anony, thanks for the backup. Yeh the CPA test was real difficult! But graduate school was the worst! Anyway Tony, dear Tony.... we love you and your remarks. You make us smile and laugh. I like your opinions and your fantastic sense of humour. Maybe we all don't agree all the time but that's what life is all about anyway isn't it? <BR>Dan, I apologize, I thought you were insulting me. And Yes Tony you can come to New York area and work for me! Can you work a calculator?

Old Jul 1st, 1999, 06:50 AM
Kay

Welcome back, Mr. Stellerosa. No wonder someone says you are "in a better mood." I would be too if I'd just holidayed where you were! Hope to one day, the Italian lakes, that is. <BR> <BR>Now, to the serious business at hand. It never ceases to amaze me how someone can complain about what happens in Fodor posts when all anyone has to do is stay away from that particular post. So easy. But NO, people do like to complain. Ain't human nature a wonderful thing!