Staying outside of Copenhagen

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Timbo

Staying outside of Copenhagen

I'm finding hotel prices in Copenhagen to be mighty lofty. Can anyone recommend a nice family hotel, pension, zimmer frei or B&B in the suburbs? Traveling with 4 kids is busting my budget.

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 04:54 AM
Don

Try searching accomodations at www.woco.dk

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 12:56 PM
Copenhagen Charley

Try the Cab-Inn hotel chain. They're inexpensive, clean and I'm pretty sure they have family-sized rooms.<BR><BR>www.cab-inn.dk

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 07:42 AM
Timbo

Let's try this again...Somebody....Anybody...Hello....Hello...OUT SIDE COPENHAGEN.....CHEAP....INEXPENSIVE.....BILLIG....

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 07:46 AM
Dan

Timbo,<BR><BR>Lets try this again. IF- WE- WANTED-TO HELP- YOU- WE- WOULD- HAVE.<BR><BR>Personally I never help anyone with "bo" or "ster" after their first name.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 10:33 AM
Don

Timbo, when you said you're "finding hotel prices in Copenhagen to be mighty lofty..." I assumed that meant you really want to stay in the city and that you assume staying outside of the city will be cheaper. If indeed the city centre is where you want to spend time, then travel expense back and forth each day will quickly eat into any "savings" from an outlying hotel. Cab Inn is a good recommendation--it is just outside the city centre, a good (long, but doable) walk. When I tried woco.dk which I recommended, I almost immediately found a family hotel around $85/night that is just a few blocks from Central Stn. I apologize if I am misunderstanding your request, but having spent much time in Copenhagen, I know the value of staying near the city centre. Woco.dk has some excellent and relatively inexpensive accomodation listings.