Staying in rentals in Italy

Dec 1st, 2000, 02:13 PM
Melinda

Staying in rentals in Italy

Has anyone had experience with rentals (apartments) over the internet? I am going to Italy with my kids in June and want to rent apartments in Siena and Rome instead of hotels. I have found a place called "Le Valline" in Siena and an agent in Rome called Francesca Alatri. Any experience with either?

Dec 1st, 2000, 02:29 PM
sally

Hi Melinda: In Oct., stayed in B&B in Rome and villa outside Perugia--both of which were rented over the Internet.
The accomodations were as pictured on Web sites, rental agencies were helpful, and there was no problem w/ paying, i.e. sent cashiers ck or gave credit card #. Don't know of those you are considering, but you could always ask them for references (former renters). One of the agencies I used gave out my name to prospective renters, who contacted me with their concerns. That would probably make you feel comfortable with going ahead or else finding another to rent through. If you are interested, I used www.guestinitaly. com for Rome; they also have apts to lease. Good Luck

Dec 1st, 2000, 02:55 PM
Carey

I rented in October from Ville in Italy
:

www.omnia.addr.com

They were great the place we rented on the amalfi coast was so much better than we thought it would be. But be very careful, and do a lot of research. That is the only way to find what you want and to get a good deal.

Also,

you can try:

www.vacationspot.com

or do a search for "Villa Rentals"

Dec 1st, 2000, 04:29 PM
nancy

We are using a woman ,travel agent, who is listed in the New York Times.
She works for Greater Travels, they specialize in Italy.
We are renting an apartment through her in Rome, and she has been very helpful in answering many questions *not * related to our Rome rental (giving me general info, hotel info for other locations, etc)
Overall, I have found her very informative,and knowledgable.
she can be reached at [email protected]
Goodluck.
nancy

Dec 1st, 2000, 04:29 PM
nancy

Her name is Marjorie.