Reload this Page >

Stayed at a Nice Hotel in Paris...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 09:03 PM
Mary

I know how confused I was before our trip to Paris....just in case you're looking for a really nice hotel in Paris, I'd highly recommend the Hilton (yes, the all American Hilton). We had a spectacular view of the Eifel Tower from our room (we requested this view prior to our arrival). The desk and staff were so nice and helpful and YES it was great to receive a copy of USA Today tucked under our door each morning. Of all the hotels we stayed in through out France, this was far and away the largest room, king size bed, deluxe bathroom with hairdryer and all the nice things we're accustomed to. I'd highly recommend it. Yes, my husband even speaks French but I don't. It was so nice to return to each evening for a couple of weeks, we even enjoyed the piano player and met some wonderful people in the bar area in the evenings. I really loved Paris and would highly recommend the Hilton for a quiet, yet close to the train, location. For all who are planning trips, you'll love this city!!

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 10:19 PM
x

Was it expensive to stay at the Hilton vs. a small local hotel?

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 03:30 AM
xxx

to x:<BR>It's a **** hotel with some 461 rooms.<BR><BR>32 singles, 429 doubles, 429 triples, 37 suites <BR>&Ecirc;<BR>Singles from 330.00 euro (2164.66 FF) to 580.00 euro (3804.55 FF) <BR>&Ecirc;<BR>Doubles from 330.00 euro (2164.66 FF) to 580.00 euro (3804.55 FF) <BR>&Ecirc;<BR>Triples from 370.00 euro (2427.04 FF) to 620.00 euro (4066.93 FF) <BR>&Ecirc;<BR>Suites from 500.00 euro (3279.79 FF) to 1067.00 euro (6999.06 FF) <BR>&Ecirc;<BR>Breakfast:<BR>Buffet 26.00 euro (170.55 FF) Continental 19.00 euro (124.63 FF) <BR><BR>These are the official rates. But they have special weekend packages. I definitely prefer a small hotel even if the rooms are smaller as well.<BR>&Ecirc;

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 04:00 AM
xxxx

Isn't the Hilton very out of the way? As I recall it's sort of south of the Eifel Tower. Not many local little neighborhood restaurants and boutiques in the area -- more of a business area. Am I right? Might be fine in Baltimore or Denver -- but in Paris, I'd rather stay in something less American and with more "local color". Did you feel any different staying there than if you were in any American city?

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 11:37 AM
Topping

Topping

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 02:56 PM
Christina

The Hilton isn't out of the way or in a bad area, it's within spitting distance of the Eiffel Tower. And that area isn't Americanized at all (I don't know of any part of Paris I'd call that). It is not a business area, the Right Bank is more of that. There is a nice residential section not too far from there, although the Hilton itself is right on the Seine and I wouldn't call that street neighborhoody. I prefer smaller hotels myself, but there's nothing wrong with the neighborhood. Bir Hakeim is rather a colorful area IMO.