Reload this Page >

St Paul de Vence traffic

Search

St Paul de Vence traffic

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 07:48 AM
Abe

St Paul de Vence traffic

Planning on renting a car in Nice but using St Paul as a base. Is this wise? Is traffic there really that bad in July?

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 12:21 PM
topper

topping <BR>

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 12:29 PM
Capo

Abe, I've been in that area a few times with a car, but never in July. In general, I'd certainly guess traffic would be the worst in the summer months. <BR> <BR>Where, specifically, are you concerned about traffic being bad? The area around St Paul de Vence? Nice? The Côte d'Azur? All of the previous?

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 04:30 PM
Bob

We have been in that area a few times in July and never found the traffic to be more than we could handle. If you live in the San Francisco Bay Area as we do any traffic is better than what we have here. <BR> <BR>Keep all of your car doors locked when traveling. A friend of mine was in Nice a few years ago. Two guys on a motor scooter pulled up next to him at a stop light, opened the passenger door, grabbed his wife's purse off her lap and took off in the crowd. The purse contained passport, air tickets and cash. Needless to say, an expensive lesson to learn.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 05:06 PM
Mary

Traffic is quite busy in the south of France at that time of year; however, rental car is doable, depending upon your schedule. Please be a little more specific; it might be more fun to travel by train and bus.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 07:56 PM
Abe

Ok, here is my schedule in the south of France: <BR> <BR>I'll be arriving in Nice via train from Barcelona. From here I am planning to pick up a car and base myself in St.Paul for 4 days with day trips to Nice and the surrounding areas. <BR> <BR>If I will be stuck in traffic coming in and out of St.Paul everyday...this will pose a problem.